How far did the elders expect......

by fairy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

how far did the elders expect someone to go in respects to being repentant

• Legolas
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

You mean do they expect a person to grovel and kiss butt? Yes that is pretty much what they expect a person that wants reinstatement to do.

Will

• Purza
    Purza

It all depends on the situation, the elders and their personalities. Each BOE is different and I would be some are harsher than others.

Purza

• fairy
    fairy

Some elders i knew, just about EXPECTED you to cry to show you were really repentant.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the only time i got any recognition that i was repentant was when i cried

elders are told not to be fooled by crying..

idiots didnt realise that i wasnt crying because i was repentant ..i was crying because i was exhausted and frustrated at their inablity to believe i could be repentant without crying

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Works of Repentance = Crying, Grovelling, Doing anything the BOE tell you, going out and support all FS arrangements, attending all the meetings, kissing serious ass, brown nosing, more crying, and more subservient behaviour.

Then they will know you are sorry......

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends on how much the elders are into bonding and sadism in an emotional way, or how loving, compassionate, humourous and christian they are in their approach, given that so many of them come from low educational backgrounds and have no proper training as religious leaders which they are pretending to be, after appointment by the equally inept GB, then a civilised attitude is not likely.

• blondie
    blondie

Works of repentance

I suppose they would want you to no longer live with your BF/GF and not be unchaperoned at any time, quit smoking, etc.

They liked to hear that you were sorry for the reproach you brought on God and his congregation. That it wasn't just your reputation you dragged through the mud, but theirs.

It helped if you could recognize the wrong steps you took to get where you were and how you planned on not doing that again with God's help.

It helped if you apologized to those you hurt (and made financial restitution if appropriate and possible)

It helped if you apologized to the elders for taking them away from their families.

So is crying required for sisters but not appropriate for men?

I suppose an appropriate sad face would be okay.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

They cant know if you are repentant because the bibles already told them that only Jehovah can read hearts.

So I dont know why they are still having a go themselves. Maybe they dont believe what the bible says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit