changes in WT literature

by sunshine2 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sunshine2
    sunshine2

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I just came across a website with great stuff on it.

Click on "publications" and then on "changes in publications"

sunshine (hope the link works, never tried to post one)

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/admin-site-map.htm

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I've got a feeling it's been posted before...

• greendawn
    greendawn

It has been posted before like so many other subjects but it is an interesting issue because it shows the cultish nature of this org no serious religion would wonder about so much and never get anything right. They say they have the right to make mistakes and then correct them but this doesn't stand to reason when these mistakes mess up people's lives.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I have seen it before.

I thought the difference between a bound volume and the original WT was a big deal. But I read it again, and it is just a change in a quote. Maybe the one who was quoted protested or something, as they usually misquote people.

Never editions have some changes, so What? No big deal IMO.

Danny

• truth1
    truth1

Danny

It is big deal because what happens is the "truth" turns out not to be the "truth" anymore if the original "truth" has changed. They change major things, i.e., facts about 1914 and other huge issues. What about the UN being the wild beast in Revelation, who they have always said is going to turn on religion and be destroyed also. They have not said anything about the UN in a long, long time because they had to lay low while being an NGO. I have not heard too much talk anymore of them being against the UN.

• sunshine2
    sunshine2

I talked about this with a disfellowshiped sister who wants to go back eventually......she had no clue that literature was being changed, and not just quotes. She was pretty surprised. I printed out the page from the net and hope to be able to give it to her next time we meet.

And today and the doctor's office I confiscated an Awake and a Watchtower....haha.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Sunshine... I do that too when I find them! One time, when there wasn't a garbage, i whipped out a pen and wrote " THis is a CULT" all over it with some website addresses.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It has been posted before but it is a great link

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When the WTS prints and publishes a teaching it is expected that all JWs will accept that teaching. (Or be seen as "weak" and possibly disfellowsipped if you voice a contrary opinion )

When the WTS includes a scripture for that teaching, it is basically understood that it then is a "bible-based" teaching, and again, the JW must accept this..

Therefore in the WTS mindset, it IS "food from God", and promoted as such. The JWs feel that they only are the recipients of this "spiritual food" as they dine on these "banquets of well-oiled dishes" of the WTS beliefs as they know them! (Remembering THE WTS IS THE TRUTH)

Due to the nature of the F&DS/GB and what they supposedly represent in the JW's mind, JWs NOW will adopt and teach these beliefs as TRUTH. This now brings us to the questions that IMO have not been fully addressed with JWs as yet:

When the WTS decidedes that an "old truth" needs to be updated or corrected or revised, and the powers-that-be CHANGE a previous belief that was "food from God" but is no longer viable....how can JWs then justify that "it was not "food from God" after all?

The erroneous, false teaching that millions BELIEVED WAS TRUTH, and WAS TOLD TO BE TRUTH, and was ENFORCED AS TRUTH.....is now considered to be a "mistake", and despite the R & F protestations, were not really THE TRUTH or truthful after all! I wonder how JWs can put any faith, trust or confidence in these "men-who-make-mistakes" to be teaching "the truth" at present time?

Considering that the bible has been completed and "GOD" has NOT changed HIS mind since the beginning, then how do you satisfy ALL the "mistakes" that this organization of mistaken men have taught?

It amazes me now,(having been under the same assumption that the WTS indeed WAS the "truth" for 30 years) that anyone can believe the WTS's haughty attitude that IT ONLY is approved by God himself, when that group of men have "mistaken" what the "spirit" or "God" or whatever has personally TOLD them to publish! WE know God doesn't change, and everyone knows the WTS does.

Annie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Considering that the bible has been completed and "GOD" has NOT changed HIS mind since the beginning, then how do you satisfy ALL the "mistakes" that this organization of mistaken men have taught?

Not to defend the wtbts but

When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God repented of the evil which he had said he would do to them; and he did not do it.

Indeed, the jws who I have pointed that out to, especially re: their 'armageddon' , did NOT like the fact AT ALL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit