Technically Speaking...

by joannadandy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I can't be an Apostate if I never got baptised, correct?

In JW Technical terms of course.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

technically, if you have never been baptised or a publisher, you can't really be an apostate.

but if you have apostate beliefs, and then you get baptised (i don't see why you would), then you can be an apostate in an undercover sort of way. edit: nevermind, i get it now. sorry.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like that: Undercover Apostate

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Thought so.

I just got a funny little comment on my blog - so I was just curious if this person was calling me an Apostate. Of course they were completely annonymous and of course felt sorry for me for the way I felt, and insisted I re-read the Bible with an Open mind.

Of course reading my blog with an open mind was not even mentioned. I giggle - tee and hee!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

you have a blog? cool

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Well that's the funny thing - I have a blog but it 9 times out of 10 has NOTHING to do with Witnesses. The one time I post my feelings about being raised in a weirdo high control religion - I get some whacky comment. Makes me wonder who it is, and how they stumbled on to the site. I have a feeling I must know them because my blog isn't real "high readership" if ya get my drift. It's just a place for me to spout off and all my friends to point and laugh at me doing so.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    and insisted I re-read the Bible with an Open mind.

LOL, ya typical!

openmind = hive mind

• vitty
    vitty

Can someone explain what a blog is ?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Being an apostate or not to them is a technical definition what they really care about is if you criticise the GB and their ideas, then they will try to isolate you so as to stop the spread of potentially damaging info to the other dubs, whether you are baptised or not. The issue is political.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Vitty a blog is a website about a particular topic with dated entries, made by one or more people. Started back in 1999.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit