Technically Speaking...

by joannadandy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Hrm...I'd say a blog is more like an online diary, but I've never researched the term.

I've got one, but I haven't been writing anything in it lately.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes a blog is in essence an on line diary with most recent entries first, though blog owners do occasionally invite feed back from visitors.

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps
    I have a feeling I must know them because my blog isn't real "high readership" if ya get my drift. It's just a place for me to spout off and all my friends to point and laugh at me doing so.

LOL I wonder who it is too, unless your rents recruited someone to encourage you incognito as I was sposed to do for someone and they are doing research. Which blog is it?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

My parents aren't that devious or computer savy - my mom - let someone else do her job of yelling at me? HA! And again I say HA!

Actually our relationship has been very good the past few years. They know how I feel and that I'm not coming back. They've accepted it, and we don't particularly rub our lifestyles or beliefs in each others faces. It works nicely for us.

We still have conversations about it - but they aren't the crying screaming clutching at the Bible variety they used to be. Just more of a "oh - ok" finish to them. Which is fine by me. I won't try to "convert" them as long as they return that simple favor.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Right.

...but you can be a sympathizer.

W.Once

• Terry
    Terry

Paul was an Apostate to Judaism.

Every convert JW's make turns them into apostates against the religion they abandon.

Martin Luther invented Protestantism which is apostate to Catholicism.

All JW's claim they are NOT protestant; but, that is all they are. Protestant=Apostate.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

EXACTLY Terry - which is what makes me laugh.

For example - my parents both ex-catholics by default "apostates" - I guess they did too good a job in raising me to question everything and search for understanding.

• Terry
    Terry
    For example - my parents both ex-catholics by default "apostates" - I guess they did too good a job in raising me to question everything and search for understanding.

We can be very happy, on the other hand, that the Internet has allowed the dissent of FORMER MEMBERS to get out the messege of what REALLY goes on inside the religion.

The Watchtower Society has had a free ride putting out its own publicity in the past without any organized rebuttal.

Today it is much harder to control the media. Much harder.

They are not happy about having their dirty little secrets revealed publicly.

All they can do is go into attack mode to discredit the messengers before the messege is allowed to reach the ears of the true believers.

T.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Personally I think that this goes beyond actually being baptised or not. According to the dictionary apostasy means:

Abandonment of one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause.

I think by the very meaning it would entail whether this at one time was your religious belief or not. There are a lot of people on this board that have had the faith but wised up before they were dunked. There are people, like my brother, who never believed but HAD to go the the kingdumb hell because of parents beliefs. So in my opinion the people in the first category would, by definition, be apostates. The people in the second would not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit