Anything absurd/stupid/silly said in your congregation?

by badboy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

In one thread it said something said that DODOS were wiped out in Noah's flood.

Did anyone say something absurd,stupid or just plain silly?

• blondie
    blondie

One sister loved babies so much she felt she would have 100 babies and raise them in the new system.

Despite WTS dogma, one sister thought all the children of the adults destroyed at Armageddon would survive and that the adult survivors would raise them. Same with the children of people destroyed at the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah that they would be resurrected and raised by those of the great crowd.

Blondie

• Englishman
    Englishman

We had one sister who eventually confessed that she didn't know who the other sheep was. Was it my Dad perhaps? Or the CO? Or even Bro Knorr?

Englishman.

• Shania
    Shania

An Elder (very young) commented on a WT Study concerning Armageddon---"Worldly people are just to DUMB AND STUPID to understand what is going to happen!" Imagine if you were new to the hall, hearing this judgemental uneducated man who drives a bread truck for a living insulting comment...........NO BRAINS, BIG BALLS, BIGGER MOUTH.

• Mary
    Mary

Ya, one idiot said that Jehovah will never allow humans to explore "deep space" like on Star Trek because He meant for man to live only on the earth............

• Pole
    Pole
    Ya, one idiot said that Jehovah will never allow humans to explore "deep space" like on Star Trek because He meant for man to live only on the earth............

One of my dub friends loved to argue space exploration by dub-space-shuttles built by the new world society and approved by the new heavens will be regulated in the NEW_SCROLLS_TM.

Pole

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

A group of us guys were standing around in a little group and one of the single sisters in our congregation came up in discussion. The guys didn't find her physically attractive and one of them (an elder) pipe's up with "Maybe Jehovah will give her a new face in the New System".. and he was serious.

GBL

• upside/down
    upside/down

An elder once said at Book Study... "back when J created the Earth 6,000 years ago..."

I did a doulble take...as I'd never heard such nonsense...asked the conductor afterwards what was up with that?

He said to show respect to the "older ones" and let it go. Never corrected it or anything...at the time I just thought "wierd"....

u/d (of the blind leading the blind class)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I confess I had a rather silly and absurd idea of my own.

I wondered if god meant to colonize the universe with man at some point and he used earth as a trial and/or proving ground until man was perfect and then he would let him colonize.

???

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

"Buttlight is being disfellowshiped from the ****************congregation!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit