WT response to your letters?

by Smiles 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Have you ever sent letters to the WT Society and if so what was their response to you? YES

Did they send you an informative reply? YES

• sunshine2
    sunshine2

I also wrote a letter to the Society regarding their involvement with the UN...and they did answer, but gave the same lame excuses. But I had personal e-mail contatc with the UN and the head librarian and of course things did not add up, and so I called Bethel in NY and after having talked to many many brothers (they kept transfereing me) I finally got to one brother who knew that I had written and I told him that I was not happy with the answers.......I asked about paperwork that proofed that the Society HAD TO associate with them to use the libraby...surley they asked for it in writing? The brother answered that they did not keep paperwork dated that far back....haha...and he asked whom I should believe the brothers or someone who tells lies at the UN.

Well, I believed the UN and got out!

sinshine

• sunshine2
    sunshine2

oooops, not sinshine....sunshine, lots of it!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I grew up in a congregation where if your father wasn't in the troof or a servant/elder then you were excluded by the youths in the congregation.

It got me down so much. I had no wordly friends that was forbidden and no friends in the cong. I was a very sad and lonely girl.

About age 14 I thought maybe there would be witness kids elsewhere in the world who would like to be a pen pal to me. Being nieve I sent a letter all the way across the ocean to brooklyn HQ. I told them my situation and asked if there was anyone they knew of who i could correspond with.

I never got a reply. The elders did though. They told my mum who told me off for writing to Bethel without telling her. Then very coincedentally there was a meeting part not much longer after about how we aren't JWs to make friends and if you are trying to make friends you there for the wrong reason. Then some malarky about how we should spend our time more wisely in the ministry or offering to help the sick and infirmed. It just crushed my teenage ego all the more.

• evita
    evita

My mother was a devoted dub for over 30 years. About 15 years ago she professed to be one of the anointed. After she died in December of last year, I found many eloquent letters that she had written to the society begging and pleading for their help. It seems as though she was being harassed in different congregations who didn't believe that she was one of the 144,000. Because some other sisters her age had also started partaking, they were all accused of being apostates and threatened with disfellowshipping.

The letters are very disturbing. My mom loved being a Jw and would have been suicidal had she been ousted. From what i can tell, the society never answered her directly. Instead they sent her letters to the elders who harrassed her even further. Eventually she found a cong. which would allow her to partake in peace.
    The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.
    Eva

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wrote a few letters. The WTS sent copies to the elders at my former congregation and then sent me very short and smug responses that were also CCed to the elders.

So much for clergy privilege eh?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I've written to Bethel on a couple of occasions, the first time when Chris was being harassed for talking about his childhood abuse at the hands of his Witness parents. A couple of MONTHS after I sent my impassioned letter (I was still trying so very hard to prove this was The Truth and I just KNEW the organization would come through), I received a short impersonal letter stating that they really wanted to hear my HUSBAND'S story -- they didn't care how I was feeling about it. And, further proving that they hadn't read past the first paragraph of my letter, they sent a copy of the letter to the wrong congregation. Idiots.

The second time I wrote was not directly to them, but to the elders of my dad's congregation, after his suicide, telling them that they were responsible for his death and basically pronouncing a Greek curse upon them all. I sent a copy to the Society just to see what would happen. THREE months later I receive a VERY carefully worded reply, which sounded like 12 lawyers had pored over it before sending it, stating that they had talked to the elders in my dad's congregation (who of course denied any neglect or wrongdoing whatsoever) and as a result they thought my anger was, um, misplaced. They also inquired delicately as to which congregation, if any, I was associated with. TRANSLATION: Who are your elders so we can sic them on you? I wasn't stupid -- I hadn't mentioned where my publisher record card was for that very reason. First of all, I wasn't going to meetings anymore. Secondly, it was none of their damned business -- this was about Dad's congregation.

They couldn't care less about the "flock" -- all they're concerned about is their public image and shutting people up who complain.

Nina

• Smiles
    Smiles

Whatever happened to 1 Peter 3:15 "always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of you a reason"?

I guess that does not apply to the WT Society?

• homesteader
    homesteader

I wrote a few letters to society concerning things that didn't seem right in the local congregations. i got the same response in both letters:

blah, blah, blah, blah......

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Rocky wrote a letter 10/18/94 about the application of Luke 9:62. He clearly stated in his first paragraph that he was writing a viewpoint as a farmer, not a prophet. He was giving them the farmers viewpoint of the application of Jesus words regarding plowing. At the time, we were naive and still believed that the FDS was somehow connected to God. We received a three paragraph letter from them 11/09/94, rather quickly we thought. The bottom line was that his "observations as a farmer are of interest" and that the information would be passed along to those who "must decide what is to be published in the future." Here's the kicker. They wrote, "Of course, you realize that, until something may be published in the future, it is best to continue to use what we have already published on this verse regarding its meaning." As far as we know, the application of Luke 9:62 has not changed. We have not spoken about this to anyone. But now we have nothing to lose as Rocky was DF'd last month.

We also sent a letter 08/31/97 for which we have not had a reply. In this letter we expressed our concern about the Kingdom Hall Construction in the US and the Int'l KH Construction based on information in 08/97 OKM and what we were experiencing locally with our KH remodel plans. We (and a few others) felt we should minimize costs locally so we could send the excess to the wroldwide KH building fund to use "uselfishly" in places overseas where they were meeting in the woods, no chairs, etc. Especially since the KH here at that time was no even 20-years old. It was in need of quite a bit of maintenance. We suspected this maintenance had been put off because of the desire of several of the body of elders to have a brand new KH. Bottom line - no answer. We finally called Brooklyn and were told that we could not donate through HQ specifically for other countries but that we could send the money directly to another country only if we knew someone who could receive it in that country. If we sent the money to HQ they would disperse it to the general KH Building Fund. (This could be its own separate topic.)

Needless to say, it was about a year later we stopped going to meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit