WT response to your letters?

by Smiles 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

Have you ever sent letters to the WT Society and if so what was their response to you?

Did they send you an informative reply?

Did they send you a smug reply?

Did they dispatch elders to investigate you?

Or did they totally ignore you?

• Bagira
    Bagira

About two years ago, still as elder, I wanted to resign because of the UN scandal. When the CO came into our congregation, he advised me to send a letter to the Hungarian Bethel with my questions, before I would resign. I sent the letter, then I was threatened by the Hungarian spokesman of the WT to keep silent, otherwise I would be disfellowshipped (the wording was different, but this was the essence)

Then they sent a letter to the elders of the cong (not to me!!!!) and I (!!!!) had to give an account on what I think etc. The response they sent was a bogus response, I had the possibility to read it only, I could not copy it. The letter said that as there were several tens of thousands of brothers and sisters all around the world believing in the FDS, so should I ..........Then after 6 months I was disfellowshipped for apostasy.....

Hi

Bagira

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

my brother's girlfriend sent a letter re: UN involvement to the canadian branch, the u.s. branch and the brittish branch. this was a year ago, with no replies. it was not an apostate letter, well written by someone who wasn't df'd. she played the part of "why doesn't the society sue the UN for libel, since they posted obviously lies about the wts's involvment with them?" even so, nothing written back.

bethel minute

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I also sent a letter about UN involvement. I asked several questions, cited scriptures and expected an educated responce. After 3 months with no responce, I phoned the WTS to find out what happened to my letter, and they said they couldn't find it and to resend it via fax. It took me a little while to send the fax, but in the meantime mysteriously I recieved a reply that answered none of my questions as it was just the same responce they gave everyone.

Here's my post about it: My letter to the WTS. Hello? Is anybody there?

Kwin

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

After I left, I sent a letter to Don Adams. He married a pioneer from my old congregation and I attended their engagement party (late 60s I think) I'm not sure why I wrote...I was just so horrified by what I had found out about the organization...I guess I wanted to make him realize the extent of the damage the organization has done. Made me feel good to write it...but it was for naught. No reply.

Coffee

• FairMind
    FairMind

I’ve written the WTS three different times. I received very courteous and fairly timely responses to the first two letters. The last letter involved a serious case of slander toward me and a breach of confidentiality on the part of my congregation’s PO. The Society’s response was vague but clearly showed that they weren’t concerned about any damage done me.

• Preston
    Preston

When I was a kid I wrote many times to the WT and.........they never answered my letters, likewise, the same with the Vatican, however the Mormons will respond to anything you write them.

- Preston

• tijkmo
  • carla
    carla

I wrote them on the advice of a ms, elder & rank & file. With the promise that, 'of course they answer letters'. That was over two years ago, no response. I guess the reason is because they didn' t like the way I 'phrased my questions'. This from a person who never even saw the letter. So, when the wt does not answer questions, 'where can we go to?" Why, places like jwd and other forums of equal distaste to the gb! carla

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Wow... I was only thinking of negative letters.

I actually did write a letter that they published in a WT in the mid 60s. It was along the lines of how grateful I was to be a JW... I was about 15 or so then. I could barf just thinking about it! How different things are now... I could look up the issue...but then, I'd have to go up in the attic...and it's about 150 degrees up there.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit