Are the trolley dollies* getting any results? Or, is it just another waste of life?

by fulltimestudent 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Stupid waste of time. Even in rural areas they are setting up. They are at expressway rest stops in our circuit. I have heard of zero results beyond placing some literature. About the same amount of success as DtoD work.
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

So I live in a town of <29,000. There are 2 congos here. Until 91 I was in one then the ither until 02. We did street witnessing, but as you can imagine, not much foott traffic. I finally seen two people with a cart in an unusual location. I think was the COBOE and his wife, both pioneers. Check out the location on Google Street View

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Robert+Wadlow+Statue,+Alton,+IL+62002,+United+States/@38.904572,-90.143589,20z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87df5ca9dfc61841:0xf9370b3446599b5d

Near a dental college, near a statue, little foot traffic. Stupid

Snakes

• Heaven
    Heaven

The trolleys do remove the distasteful experience for the JWs of having a door slammed in their face or other negative interaction with a worldly though. This really leaves the onus up to the 'heathen' to come get the life saving message, removing the responsibility from the JWs for actively trying to save lives.

I suspect when results of very few to no publications being placed by these apathy carts/trolleys makes its way to Beth-Hell, some 'nu lite' or other instructions from the GB will be forthcoming.

• Calebs Airplane
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "The trolleys do remove the distasteful experience for the JWs of having a door slammed in their face or other negative interaction with a worldly though."

I suspect it's also the Org trying and distance itself from the realization that potential sex offenders might be knocking on your door trying to recruit you to their religion.

• haboob48
    haboob48
    @Vidiot.....my thoughts exactly.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Maybe so many pioneers were pissed that other pioneers get to count time by merely working in the garden at the assembly hall that this cart program was to ease their completes. I have an assembly hall near me at its crazy how many elders and pioneers show up ever Monday cleaning day, and waste the whole day screwing around at the place. That's 10 hours a week with out having to talk to any body.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I think it would be fun to stand about 10 feet away from a JW trolley and hand out flyers with info about the abuse coverups, including the Royal Commission's investigation, with links to the videos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit