Stinky burning tires

by kls 23 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Honesty, bottle it and send it ,,,no but my dog brings home lost of dead critters i could send You pay postage and sorry , no returns.

Carla , does it smell by you ? I am on my way to Oconomowoc hoping to get away from the stink.

Prop , some ,very soon . The place i am having my motor put together is firing it up today and checking the horsepower ,and hopfully soon i can pick it up ,then get my gang together to put in my car. I can't wait !!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Why don't they put it out?

It is extremely difficult to put out a tire fire. Usually all the fire department can do is contain the fire and wait for it to burn itself out. This can take days, weeks or even months depending on how large the pile is.

The reason they don't try to put it out with water is because it produces a toxic oil that gets into rivers and ground water and kills much of the wildlife that encounters it.

http://www.zerowasteamerica.org/Tires.htm

http://www.co.stanislaus.ca.us/tirefire/ http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/recycling/awareness/facts/tires/tiresfire.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

It could drive away those buzzards.

S

• greendawn
    greendawn

I didn't know putting out tyre fires was that complicated, it makes a right mess of things because people near it have to breath in the fumes. Who started it?

• JH
    JH

By the title of your thread, I thought that you were spinning your wheels again..

• kls
    kls

Wow , this fire was really bad . As i was driving to town it was really creepy, the sun was almost gone and it was really dark and hazey and everywhere you went it smelled like burning rubber . It's a little better now but i an see it is still burning and there were/are 9 firedepartments trying to put it out .

Satanus , do you think ,,,oh that would be so nice ,no buzzards to pick me clean.

Greendawn, don't know what started it as of yet.

Rat , soon ,very soon and i see lots of speeding tickets in my future.

• unique2u
    unique2u

It's been a LONG while since I've posted since I stopped my "Study" with the Witnesses, probably a good 2 years- I live in a town called Waterloo, about 30 miles from where that fire is and we've been seeing water trucks from all over heading that way-- Deerfield, Verona and Sun Prairie-- if you go to :

www.channel3000.com

there's a picture of what's going on and it doesn't look pretty..

• kls
    kls

Classi,

then, I live "near" a fiberglass? plant (really small place) that reeks and makes it hard to breathe when you pass by

Oh yuck , why do you live so close to a Fiberclass factory? Mann that is some nasty stuff to breath.

Else , nice site posting and info, oh Wise Wizzer.

• kls
    kls

Unique2, how is the smoke and smell by you ? I think a fire this big with rubber burning, it will be days before it gets better.

By the way ,,,,Hello fellow Wisconsinite Thanks for the link Unigue2 , now everyone can see it but lucky they don't to smell it.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I hate that smell, but worse yet, i just got home with 5 kids here, and the stinky feet, damn! I dont know which one had em, but I want to puke! The insence is burning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit