Fav Hobbies...Anybody here play paintball?

by orion 16 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

no, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

i'll bring my cello and play some baroque themes for you all whilst you blow each other to pieces.

• jwfacts
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

i have played a couple of times and loved it. I got in trouble for it as it promotes violence and war, though not as much trouble as the Ministerial Servant friend i went with. Funny, because after playing it i would never think of going to war. It was too scary and to think i was shot about 10 times in one day, if i went to war i'd be one of the first to die.

• Carol
    Carol

Been there, done that and have a huge bruise on my right hip to prove it! We've a large, multi acre, wooded City run park in Palm Bay, Florida that is just great fun. If you come down this way let us know!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Yeah I play paintball. In fact, I'm buying 2 new guns in September. One's going to be a replica of an Uzi (6 Milimeter paintballs) and the other's going to be a burst fire automatic (standard size balls).

• orion
    orion

Carol, its to bad your so far away... that sounds like fun. I'll let you know if come out that way.

Coldredrain, I'm not much into the uzi style airball type markers but thats just me....I have a tippman a-5 and so does my husband...marker of choice. I also have a worr games autococker...I try to stay away from the semi's and the burst shots.they waste to much paint.... plus i'm a little trigger happy.......but man my autococker shoots nice...and long.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    hey roybatty, It's a game for the young guys (and girls). ?? My husband is 31 and half the guys we play with including a women are in there 40's and up......yes it is a hell of a work out but well worth to some.......so silly, don't give me that excuse...

Then I need to play with you guys! lol. It is a blast though. The first time I played was years ago, back when I was in college. I only played one time and had some fun with my buddies. Back then it was nothing more then guys in the woods using single-shot guns to shoot this huge paintballs at each other. Today it's totaly differnt. I see guys in para-military gear talking about "squad size tactics" and "cover fire." I didn't know if I was playing a game with my boy or was suddenly transported to Iraq.

This one park I bring them to has three or four HUGE fields. One is a bombed out town, another is some type of temple in the jungle thing (a la Indiana Jones), then theres some junkyard and another one that I can't seem to remember (too many shots to the head). Anyway, I knew I was in trouble the first time we went when my son said to me "Here dad, you can use my old gun. It's good enough."

Little runt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit