Fav Hobbies...Anybody here play paintball?

by orion 16 Replies latest jw friends

• orion
    orion

my husband and I play paintball and would love to meet others all over who do also. We want to make a trip in a few years to go all over and try out different paintball courses. My husband wasn't a JW so he doesn't know axactlly what i went through but he is a great support. I would like him to meet more ex-JW's.

• kls
    kls

Paintball ? Oh my my no , it stains my fur and others get to aggressive cause i throw poo back at them,,,,,,,,,,,wonder why that is humans are so odd.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have played it only once, but loved it.

I have a friend of mine who took it very seriously, even playing at night with night vision goggles. That sounds like fun!

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

I used to play all the time. I owned a paintball equipment store for several years called the Splat Shack. We also had a wooded and open field for main play and a speedball court as well.

My favorite gun was an Automag, customized by SmartParts. I live down the road from J&J, the barrel guys. I will be anodizing and polishing parts for them in the near future at my shop.

I was even involved in the worlds largest painball game several years back. Jim Thorpe PA... 700 acres, 24 hours, 5000 people.

I haven't played since I broke my arm.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Never played it.

But I did play a game in the streets of Berkeley in which each team was given a white shirt for someone to hear, and another person was given a squirt gun (with colored dye) and we were set loose in the town and went after each other (while solving mysteries, such as trying to find someone's house keys and going into their apartment to find out everything about them). I was the one on my team who had the squirt gun, and I ran like hell to catch this person, running down sidewalks, into stores, into restaurants. LOL. Inside Ross Dress for Less, I tripped over a display and scraped my knee. I had cornered one white shirt inside one Chinese restaurant and the cook was going to call the cops because of the disturbance and he saw the squirt gun (so we decided to call it a truce and leave the place). I ambushed one white shirt pretty good on campus tho, as she was leaving the library.

Pretty fun game tho.....

http://www.thegogame.com/brownie/index.asp

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I have played paintball and thoroughly enjoyed although wouldnt describe it as my favourite hobby; hope you find what you are looking for.

DB74

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i don't know if i would like to play, but i'll write the society and see what they have to say about it. i have a suspicious feeling it's a little too much like war for my bible-trained conscience. but if it isn't too much like war, and it is a-ok with the ol' ball 'n' slave, then i'd be happy to join you in your game of "capture the gun-like flag"

bethel minute

• orion
    orion

lol, ok. well there is speedball, where you have teams at oppisite ends of the field and bunkers in between. both teams try to mark out the other team using paintballs that shoot out of guns..... then there is woodsball (which is what i like).. where you put two teams in the woods with boundries and play out war senerio's..... unless of course you were being sarcastic........

• roybatty
    roybatty

I've taken my 14 year old son and his friends several times to this place http://www.challengepark.com/ and have even been talked into playing a few times. It was a blast but dam I was tired at the end of the day. Some of these teams playing are ex-military guys. Cool to watch but too intense for me. It's a game for the young guys (and girls).

• orion
    orion

hey roybatty, It's a game for the young guys (and girls). ?? My husband is 31 and half the guys we play with including a women are in there 40's and up......yes it is a hell of a work out but well worth to some.......so silly, don't give me that excuse...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit