The Jehovah's Witnesses Reformation Movement

by Kenneson 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I made an interesting find last evening. I stumbled across a site purporting to be a Jehovah's Witness reform movement. While it sees value in Jehovah's Witnesses, its primary purpose is to reform the Governing Body. It does not like the manner in which the GB exercises authority over the rank and file members. Listed at the top left are the official Watchtower and the pro-Jehovah's Witnesses United sites. "Non-Arguments Against Jehovah's Witnesses" even gives a defense of why the Watchtower is not to be considered a false prophet. But what is most interesting is the areas that they are seeking changes within the organization. There is even a petition to sign, for those so desiring.

What I'm wondering is when and by whom the 95 Theses were tacked to the Brooklyn Bethel door. Remember, the Protestant Reformation began with Martin Luther nailing his 95 theses to the door of the Wittenberg church.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Claude, what's the name of the site?

• Kenneson
  • greendawn
    greendawn

Good luck to them, they don't seem to realise that the GB and the shareholders have a leagal ownership validated by the state not jehovah, going back to the big capital Russell invested to set up this publishing company. The best way is to get out of there.

This is a human created business the God connection is a lie to get people working for them for nothing.

• Mary
    Mary

Excellent site and I give them great credit for exposing the Governing Body for the control-freaks that they are, although I think there's a better chance of Osama Bin Laden converting to Judaism, than the Governing Body giving up their control over 6 million people.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep - what Mary and Greendawn said!

Jeff

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

A discussion of the Watchtowers doctrines would be like a debate of the finer points of hitler's personal autobiography mein kempf It is a foregone conclusion it's total trash. Danny Haszard sez you can't reform a blood guilty institution that is rotten to the core

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Good luck to them- their intentions are good. It confuses the life out of me though......

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

The problem is, the Reformers are talking, but who's listening?

There is no humbleness or humility in the leadership, despite the fact that they are always encouraging the rank and file to be humble.

The leadership don't listen to God (i.e., the Bible). So why should they listen to anyone else?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I e-mailed the administrator and told them I thought their pacifists way of addressing the WTS's history made me ill. I see the actions of the GB and their means to an end through authoritarian devices as nothing less than criminal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit