read a good book this summer season

by franklin J 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

im in the middle of crisis of conscience, more life changing than my agatha christie!

• nilfun
    nilfun

Mrsjones5, I think it's so cool that you are raising your children to be readers. A seven year-old reading at such an advanced level is awesome.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    (yes the thought of a black women reading 4 books at the same time is shocking

Yes. Yes, it is.

(I assume by "shocking" you mean "totally, totally hot," right?)

gently feral

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    The Ghosts of Sleath- very scary tho!!!! Its by James Patterson.

Have also read this some time ago...very scary...I think it was a James Herbert though...another good one of his was Nobody True...gripping stuff.

• Princess
    Princess
    currently reading: Night Fall by Nelson Demille. I love his style.

I read that several months back. My dad gave it to me. I enjoyed the story but the dragnet style kind of irritated me.

I finished Harry Potter yesterday...really enjoyed it. Last week I read the Historian by Elizabeth something-or-other. Great reviews and bestseller. I liked it, had an excess of background blather surrounding a really interesting dracula story.

Before that I read Moloka'i by Alan Rennert. Really great novel about a seven year old Hawaiian girl who gets leprosy (Hansen's disease) and is taken from her family and banished to the Leper Colony on Moloka'i.

I'm going to read the new Robin Cook next, can't remember what the title is.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I read the new Robin Cook book Marker, and passed it on to Princess. It's a really good thriller. I also read Night Fall by Nelson DeMille. Really good.

I am currently reading Decipher, a science fiction book (seldom read those). This one exposes religion, religious symbols, and many myths associated with religion (there is documentation for his research). My eldest son read it and passed it on with high recommendations. Fascinating, and well researched. It's mainly about Atlantis and the end of the world.............haven't quite finished it yet, so not sure what ultimately happens. Digital Fortress is next.

• Scully
    Scully

I've already got a few books for the summer:

• The Five People You Meet In Heaven, by Mitch Albom goes well with
    • The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout, Ph.D. makes you go
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling (starting Chapter 5) so far
    • The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, by Ann Brashares Reading for our trip
    • The Second Summer of the Sisterhood, by Ann Brashares Reading for our trip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit