read a good book this summer season

by franklin J 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• franklin J
    franklin J

Hope everyone one is having a great summer season.....

Has anyone read any good books lately...?

Willy Loman; are you out there,,,?

PS just a note to say that Patty and I had dinner with Willy Loman and his wife when they came to New York; we had a wonderful time......And Willy has some great news to announce and share with the forum...

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

The Ghosts of Sleath- very scary tho!!!! Its by James Patterson.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

I just finished The Pandas Thumb, by Stephen Gould. Just started Thomas Paine, Common Sense & Rights of Man.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah//// Tell "Willy", I miss him too.

• blondie
    blondie

Wish I could have been there.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

American Apocrypha.....a great literary critical book (finally!) on the Book of Mormon.

Couldn't put it down.

• damselfly
    damselfly

The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds was very good. Tells the story of a young girl growing up within her Grandfathers tightly controlled religoud compound.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I read Mark Twain in the Sandwich Islands, and laughed my ass off! Then I failed to retrieve it from the plane.... dang. It's a good piece of Hawaiiana Literature, and the writings that began his fame.

I'm reading Tortilla Flat by Steinbeck. Next on my list is Cannery Row. I loved "Mice and Men". Kev got a Carl Sagan compiled shortly before his death. I want to read that, too.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I'm reading Tortilla Flat by Steinbeck. Next on my list is Cannery Row.

Brenda - I think the sequel to ''Cannery Row'' is ''Sweet Thursday'' - both great reads. Am a bit of a Steinbeck fan myself.

My last good read was ''Nobody True'' James Herbert.

And, of course, anything by Agatha Christie.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've not read any Agatha Christy.... yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit