Another marriage bites the dust because of JW beliefs

by unbeliever 26 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    The bitch woman had the nerve to ask the daughter to leave when she had company. God forbid a df'd person is in their eye site. That religion is the cause of this family's breakup.

If "that religion is the cause of this family's breakup", why call the wife a bitch? She's only doing what any "good witness" would. I was a softy when it came to shunning. Most jws aren't though.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Met my spouse as a Witness, we both left the religion, and are still together. The religion is often an excuse for breaking up marriages. If you want to make it work, you will, religion or no religion.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

In the eyes of the other good dubs, it will be all the non-believer husbands fault that the marraige broke up.

Will

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

The WBTS encourages to keep the union if the other party is not a JW.

yeah it does. it also says that noone will be disfellowshipped for accepting blood transfusions or for voting.

the WTS told us in the last assembly that marrying an "unbeliever" would be more or less equivalent to shooting a bullet into your head.

the WTS suggests in their writings, that stopping going to meetings and field service results in fornication and divorce.

i damn well know that they are destroying family relationships. and yes THEY are the issue. because THEY put that sh't in their sheeps' heads.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    If "that religion is the cause of this family's breakup", why call the wife a bitch? She's only doing what any "good witness" would. I was a softy when it came to shunning. Most jws aren't though.

Because she is a bitch......telling that to her daughter.

Just an update, they went to court and he has to pay her $900 a month in spousal support. She has to pay him what I though $150 a month in child support for the minor child. So she will get $750 a month. There is no way anyone can live on that. Good luck to her finding a job with no skills. It's only temporary. It will be reevaluated in 6 months and so will the child support. There is one bright spot she will get 50% of the assets aquired during the marriage. I found out from mom that he inherited the ranch where they live and she cannot touch it. I say by the end of August she will be begging for reconcilation.

• carla
    carla

DY,

Wake up. Have you lived it? I do. I know full well the harm of the wt on marriages with ubm's! It is directly related to all the wt bullshit. carla

• potleg
    potleg

The WTS drives a wedge between believers and unbelievers. Knowing that your JW mate puts the org before you, and knowing that they believe god is going to kill people like you sure doesn't help. Sure some people stay together but do you think they are really happy? Sure the WT says stay together, but how about celebrating birthdays together or going to an R rated movie together or having worldly friends to spend time with together. NO the WTS teachings / Control ALWAYS comes first and it hurts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit