Another marriage bites the dust because of JW beliefs

by unbeliever 26 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I know very few people who have been successfully married where 1 spouse is a witness and the other is not. I know there are a few examples on this board.

A couple that I know IRL have split after nearly 25 years of marriage because of the stupid shunning shit. One of their 3 children got DF'd 6 months ago and that is when everything fell apart apparently. The father (unbeliever) banned the witnesses from the house because they started shunning his child. He never opposed his wife and was in fact very supportive. He let her raise the kids as witnesses but only 1 joined, the one that is now df'd. IMO he kept his head in the sand for a lot of years but had no choice but to see the light when his daughter got df'd.

From what my mom tells me she has moved out of the house and has filed for a legal separation because living with him is unbearable. Those were moms words. Congratulations Crooklyn for helping to break up another family.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If I were a betting woman, I'd guess that she did not have to work outside the home all those years. If so, she is in for a rude shock. Her so-called "unbelieving" husband probably supported her so that she could go out in to field service!

I wonder how supportive the congregation will be, in comparison, once the novelty of "spiritual warfare" has died down? The woman has likely condemned herself to a life of poverty.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That really does suckBut good for him, standing up for his kid

~Merry

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

jgnat,

She has been a house wife their whole marriage so she will get alimony. The question is for how long. Mom told me they go to court next week for temp orders. I know the judge who got assigned their case. He will tell her to get a job and go to college. If I were a betting woman she will get alimony for 4 years tops. She will also have to pay child support for their minor child who refused to move out with her. The state minimum is $150 per month per child even if you have been a house wife for 25 years. Each parent has an obligation to support their child(ren). She is in for a very rude awakening.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I knew it!

Will the local congregation contribute to her living expenses so she can continue with field service as she did in the past?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I doubt it. I know they will tell her she will be in their prayers and Jehovah will provide.........

• potleg
    potleg

It makes me sick to think that her loyalty (and everything in life) is first and formost with the WT. I'm in a similar situation and it burns me up inside to know that I come in a distant second to the borg...and oh yes, my wife has never had to find work outside the home either.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

My wife hasn't had to work outside our home either for the last 10 years and before that her work was sparodic at best. I've tried to get her to educate herself and be a little more self sufficient to no avail.....the preaching work comes first you know.

I've told her of my plans for the future and they don't include wasting away at meetings and feild service, but, she just doesn't get it. If ever we have to seperate, I'll be looking out for # 1, because I've given her every opportunity to step up and at least attempt to be able to take care of herself financially.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Are you reading, Watchtower? That's four "worldly" partners helping support the World Wide Work. You would have these wives leave their life partners, willing to sacrifice all, in service to you.

The tap will run dry. More abandoned widows at the door of the society. Will there be a Stephen to care for them when their partners are long gone?

• Es
    Es

wow thats surreal that a person who has been married for 25 years is leaving because of that. That poor guy, but also good on him for standing up for his daughter. es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit