Witnesses review books on Amazon.com

by sixsixsixtynine 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

"You People Are All Idiots" post reminded me of some the Witness reviews I've seen on Amazon.com. Enjoy!

5 of 36 people found the following review helpful:

Weak And Wrong, March 18, 2003

Reviewer: A reader

Yet another beggarly attempt to defend unBiblical doctrines. No JW that knows the Bible will be fooled by this predestrian "reasoning". Pure idalotry.

9 of 32 people found the following review helpful:

I am impressed.. NOT!, December 14, 2000 Reviewer: A reader
    I have to laugh with Ron Rhodes lack of knowledge of the scriptures. It is a shame the majority of his arguments and so-called scriptural fact are indeed misrepresentations and incorrect reasoninga. He should have researched his topic a lot more and he would have written a completely different book. Also the comment about Jehovah Witnesses thinking that Jesus Christ is a "mere angel" was extremely laughable. Jesus Christ is considered God's Son. Much, much higher than a mere angel. I would rate a 0 star, but 1 is the lowest they allow. I do find it interesting that people find Jehovah Witnesses so much of a threat, that they must write books trying to contradict their beliefs. Hmmm I don't see the same of the Catholic church. I guess when you are teaching the truth, others just can't handle the truth.

4 of 21 people found the following review helpful:

Get Your Story Straight, June 11, 2000

Reviewer: Danielle Campbell (USA) - See all my reviews

I found this book to be very disturbing.Being raised as one of Jehovah's Wittnesses,I know that our brothers are not prone to mistakes,as we are human beings like you are.I did not understand how trying to wrong every right that we make would help people deal with their problems,or get your point across.Instead of "outing" us as a people,the author and readers alike should come face to face with their own problems,and fears and learn not to judge a book by its cover (figuratively & literally).If neither you or Jehovah's Wittness knows the "precise" events of the coming future ,why do you act like you do?

0 of 44 people found the following review helpful:

For what it is, September 26, 2003 Reviewer: A reader
    This book stinks. In all sense of the word

3 of 26 people found the following review helpful:

How Funny, December 10, 2003

Reviewer: Melina (sylmar, CA United States) - See all my reviews

I wouldn ever waste my time reading this book, I can just sum it up instinctively by reading the title and some of the thoughts contained in the book, and safely say that this man obviously loves wasting his time. You know, it's funny really, Jesus was the son of God, but he was murdered, they never believed in him, they hated him in fact! The weird thing is he was right, but most people then thought he was wrong! Sounds familiar doesn't it? People hate witnesses, they chastise, persecute, ridicule, and they never stop to think really what their actions might be telling them. As history tells us they play a big part in getting religious freedom for everyone due to their various court trials defending the preaching work. Jehovah's Witnesses do not hurt the community, they are not involved in crimes of hate towards anyone, they simply preach Bible Truths, and people want to sit their and write books about how harmful they are. It's just insanely hilarious, I thought cults liked to spend their time trying to milk money out of people and getting them to do harmful things to themselves and others, and you know what, I don't see either of those things going on with the community of Jehovah's Witnesses. So if you want to waste your time, go ahead and read it, but if you want to find actual truth, talk to an actual witness and observe the way in which they behave, then you tell me who is living life in the way it should be lived.

2 of 23 people found the following review helpful:

Review for this book, June 23, 2004

Reviewer: Demi (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

I think this author is upset at Jehovah's witnesses. Doesnt explain exactly what coused it but I find this author very narrow minded, I don't recomend this one

.4 of 23 people found the following review helpful:

Has he ever met any witnesses?, August 26, 2002

Reviewer: len buckholtz (Long Beach CA usa) - See all my reviews

short and to the point:

WHERE did he get the idea that MOST witnesses do NOT want to go door to door? i am grandpa to a kid who LOVES the work! my daughter of 20 - single, sweet, still a virgin - is a pioneer and goes out for LOVE of JEHOVAH, not for some guilt or whatever.

He is all wet. Hence my question, which likely will remain rhetorical: has he ever MET any of Jehovah's people?

0 of 21 people found the following review helpful:

This is False so false, April 24, 2005

A Kid's Review

This is so false when a jehova witness comes to your house ask them a qustion and they will answer it with the bible i bet you and this rude world who DOESN'T LISTNE IS GOING TO COME TO AN END when this last pope dies you bet beu still i don't want him to die because nobody wants to

0 of 21 people found the following review helpful:

This Is totally not true, April 24, 2005

A Kid's Review

I can't belive this Jehova witnesses are trying to do the best to get people invoved that's what god told jesus to do to go to every door and tell them about him and his father I am only eleven and i am almost a jehova witness all the people who think jehova witness are dome or stupid you are affending god that's what the bibles says. I hope all you people open your eyes and see because go is going to bring this world to an end and whoever didn't listen to his word is going to suffer and thank jehova witness for going to your door because you have to listen to them please listne to them and when the Pope for these year stops ruling jehova is going to come you'll seee don't worry!! Any jehova witness who likes this idea contact me at [email protected]

2 of 29 people found the following review helpful:

to as a matter of fact - i am better off, August 15, 2003

Reviewer: A reader

The line "God is inside everyone of us" has been used too many times and is nonsense...if that WAS the case, then how could you justify terrorist actions like 9/11 since those terrorists also believe "God" was inside them as well..."God is inside everyone one of us" is just a cop-out and apostate reasoning. In the end, we ALL will be judged righteous or not by JAH and not some flimsy, vague "God." 3 of 12 people found the following review helpful:

Judas Iscariot, December 26, 2000

Reviewer: RAFAEL MERCED (PORT ST. LUCIE, FLORIDA USA) - See all my reviews

I we were living in the days ofJesus and Judas iscariot write a book; critizes Jesus you will by it?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

And the book is?

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Misc. anti-Witness books.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Why are they "reviewing" books they haven't read?

-Doodle-V

• luna2
    luna2

Dang, folks, learn to write. Some of these "reviews" made absolutely no sense at all. LOL

• jgnat
    jgnat

Kewl, a book review by somebody whose never read the book. Now THAT is what I call reliable...

I wouldn ever waste my time reading this book, I can just sum it up instinctively by reading the title and some of the thoughts contained in the book, and safely say that this man obviously loves wasting his time.

Instinct, guts... yup, that's what JW's rely on when they decide who has something worthwhile to say. Or maybe they check whether the WTBTS copyrighted the material before they believe it.

Is this the book? The 10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Jehovah's Witness (The 10 Most Important Things Series) (Paperback) by Ron Rhodes

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I thought cults liked to spend their time trying to milk money out of people and getting them to do harmful things to themselves and others

lol...this coming from a person who -- with no first-hand knowledge of the reason why it is being made -- would, upon hearing a simple announcement made at their kingdom hall, cut off all association with their mother, brother, sister, child, best friend, etc., forever.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Is this the book? The 10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Jehovah's Witness (The 10 Most Important Things Series) (Paperback)

Yes, that's one of the books being reviewed. Sorry, I should have stated which book each review is for.

They are all "How to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses" books, or ex-Witness memoirs.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Delightful reviews. But one I read there was from a 13-year old JW who listed her e-mail addy and, even more scarily, gave her home address. Not good.

~Merry

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I do find it interesting that people find Jehovah Witnesses so much of a threat, that they must write books trying to contradict their beliefs.

I do find it interesting that people Jehovah's Witnesses find Jehovah Witnesses Other Religions so much of a threat, that they must write more books than any religion in history trying to contradict their beliefs.

:Hmmm I don't see the same of the Catholic church.

The Catholic Church doesn't wreck families and allow people to die for stupid reasons like blood transfusions, you nitwit.

:I guess when you are teaching the truth, others just can't handle the truth.

I can handle the truth. It's idiots like this nitwit I can't handle! Did anyone notice that that no dub actually presented any FACTS which contradicted the arguments against their religion? Opinions, yes. Facts, no. <p><p>Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit