How many true scholars/scientists are there really among JWs?

by zagor 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Jim,

Sure does! I've sensed that you had more too you than the obvious comment here on JWD. I still don't know any dubbies that meet the criteria, but then, I don't travel in those circles.

carmel

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I thought that was Ed Dunlap

It was Ed Dunlap using the narrowest and most accepted definition of the phrase "Bible Commentary." It's sad the WTS dropped that book after the Dunlap affair, because it was one of the very few decent books the society has ever published.

Farkel

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

he produced the Watchtower's only ever Bible commentary.
    Yes, my apologies, it was Ed Dunlap, not Ray Franz.

• zagor
    zagor
    I can confirm this as about a year and a half ago I recieved a disfavourable look from the CO when I mentioned I was studying Bio Genetics and writing a thesis on it for the U of A. He looked at me and in a sneering way said "Bio-Genetics!! Its called being content with the basics in life".

Isn't this a typical sh*t. Of course they would never comment about dubs in Africa who are below basics of life.
    Since we are talking about Africa, I've heard "encouraging experience" the other day. Elder dub talked to my sis about missionaries in one African country (I think it was Zaire) So he said how "heart worming" it was when after missionaries finished their meal local brothers came in to eat all the leftover so that nothing goes to waste. Wow. How "encouraging" that really is. Wonder if he would eat somebody's leftovers. Surely those in Zaire have basics of life sorted so this was only to show by example how not to waste food. He just forgot to mention that most of them have one meal in two days if they are lucky.

• zagor
    zagor

Any update?

Nobody knows anyone else???

• G Money
    G Money

Actually there are quite a few.... oh wait, does self-proclaimed not count?

• zagor
    zagor
    Actually there are quite a few.... oh wait, does self-proclaimed not count?

LOL, nope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit