How do they explain 607?

by gringojj 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• martorii
    martorii

sorry for the additional post. Please see my previous post.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

OK, Dsniel 9:1 says "in the first year of Darius and his first year was 539 so Daniel knew Jeremiah had said [Jer. 25:11] they would serve the King of Babylon for 70 years. And he knew after 70 years of serving the King,that God would accomplish what he promised and let them return. He used Cyrus to conquer Babylon in 539 and Cyrus issued the degree in his first year for them to return.When Babylon fell in 539 they could no longer serve the King of Babylon because he was dead.If you don't believe that organization, why do you want to try to explain what they will never agree with History on. They know their wrong because I have already went through this with 2 elders.I left the organization about 3 years ago. I waisted my best years in that cult. Did you know they were part of the UN for 11 years and when they were exposed they withdrew from it. They also own 51% of a company that makes war weapons and they invest in the stock market and one thing they invested in was Philip Morris cigs. Yet they will DF anyone who smokes.They are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites as well as Apostates. If you know they are wrong and i am sure you do, just get out and leave them alone.Don't even worry about how to explain anything because you don't have too. Besides no one will listen any way. Most JWs love the organization more than the truth.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Woooow, hold your horses there Alwayshere, I got out at 17, amd now 31. Noone here is making excuses for them, for my own part, I`m just trying to figure out how to debate them, if they ever ring my door bell (although I know it`s like talking to a brick wall). And we know all the UN-stuff. Just trying to learn the doctrine I guess I should have learned back then, but was to bored to pay attention to (zzzzz). The point is: IF the jews returned in 539, and the Bible CAN be interpreted to say that they were gone for 70 years, AND the following is true: That the Bible does NOT say that in the year xxx of king something-something, the jews were kicked out, IF that is a year in a chronology the JWs have agreed upon in their effort to establish 539 as the year of the return!! - then: 607 (or 609) is an acceptable date, no matter how many secular sources say 587, after all, they believe the world is 6000 years old, contrary to ALL the worlds science, that dinosaurs were made to "salt the earth", dismissing 587 would be no problem, UNLESS it interfers with a chronology that they have put their trust in, to establish the year 539! Do you understand what I`m trying to say? IF thats what they`re doing, then they`re shooting themselves in the foot.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Wooow, but after having thought about what I wrote in that previous post, I think I get it now, and you`re right! Because secular science of course uses the same chronology to set the 539-date, as they use to set the 587-date. So the JWs ARE in fact using the same chronology to set 539 and their supposed date 607, and that can`t be done, because to get to the 539 date...(ok, here my brain overloaded, but I see the point!)! You`re right, Alwayshere. And the point is that by accepting SECULAR sources to set 539 (and that`s of course the only way it can be done), they ARE shooting themselves in the foot. Because if they were to insist on 607m that would make 539 wrong, as they have already accepted using the babylonian chronology. Ah, finally I understand this shit.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Hellrider, so glad you got it.

• martorii
    martorii

Alwayshere,

You talked about nations serving the king of Babylon for seventy years, but you still didn't say anything about the specific expression in Daniel: "the devastations of Jerusalem, [namely] seventy years"

And I'm not trying to support the WT organization, but simply trying to understand an explanation of Dan 9:2.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Daniel 9:2 Daniel refers back to what Jeremiah said at Jeremiah 25:11. So where does Jeremiah say Jerusalem will lay desolated for 70 years. He doesn't, what he says is" they will have to serve the King of Babylon for 70 years". Also you notice daniel says "devastations" not "devastation". Jerusalem was devastated more than once in that 70 years of Babylon World. WTS even agrees in their vol. 1 Isaiah's prophecy on page 253 that Babylon had World power for 70 years. they agree Babylon fell 539. add 70 to 539=609. now 609 down to 537 is 72 years.This is enough to show they don't know what their talking about. They even contridict theirself in their Daniel book on page 50 par. 9 and say Babylon had World power for 86 years. And on page 131 par.6 they say Babylon had world power 68 years. Its easy to see the 70 years refers to SERVING the King and not Jerusalem just by reading Jeremiah 25:11. Ask them where does Jeremiah say Jerusalem will lay desolated for 70 years. They can't so thats why they always go back to Daniel 9:2. Tell them to check the Isaiah and Daniel books out and see what they say than.

• Hellrider

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit