Grandparents and grandkids

by orion 13 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Two ago my mother took my kids (9,5, and 2) for 6 weeks to California. I dont know what she was thinking and after the first two weeks she kept calling me and saying that she couldnt wait to bring the kids back! lol

• blondie
    blondie

I'm curious, is this her only grandchild? If so, I can see (but not condone) why she might be doing this.

If not, does she act like this with her other grandchildren? Do the other grandchildren have JW parents?

Hmmm?

Blondie

• orion
    orion

She has three other grandchildren, She flys down to s. california and picks them up and takes them back. no they are not witnesess, but the grandma is. Sometimes she keeps the other grankids for a while, but i think the situation is different. There house is totally unstructured. He is allowed to stay up till midnight, doesn't eat dinner at dinner time, get totally spoiled and then I have to fix it when he gets back. It should be that if I say i want him back that is it, not no he doesn't need to come home.....right....doesn't 3 1/2 weeks sound like to long when she sees him often already?

• blondie
    blondie

I would say if her home structure is so vastly differently and he is not abiding to your wishes regarding his conduct, and he can't go back to the "rules" of your home, I would keep the visits shorter. I think you have the right instincts here. He's your child; you are responsible for his protection and the people you leave him with, including grandparents.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit