Breaking News: Berry girls lose high court appeal

by loveis 57 Replies latest jw friends

• loveis
    loveis

"We affirm."

With those two short, sweet, words of the NH Supreme Court, the Berry girls 4-year fight to hold the WTS responsible has come to an abrupt and bitter end.

A preliminary scan of the opinion indicates a virtual slam-dunk victory for the WTS, although there was one dissenting justice out of the four on one issue only, the only female justice of the four. (coincidence? or not? hmmm......)

The full opinion will be posted within the hour.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Very sad news :(

• Jourles
    Jourles

Damn it. I knew my gut was right when I thought about this case.

• rebel8
  • damselfly
    damselfly

Very, very sad and disappointing news.

• Elsewhere
  • TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I am so disappointed, and angry, too. Those girls have been through so much, to have it end like this. How much longer before the WTBS is held accountable?

I would say the dubs will be smug about this, but the ones around here have never even heard of the case, I'm sure.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thank you Elsewhere for the added info.

Damselfly

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sorry for these brave young women and their supportive family. But I know they have moved on and their self-worth is not dependent on a court case.

(((hugs)))

If you are interested in the dynamics behind the difficulty in making religious institutions responsible for illegal acts read this book

Marci Hamilton

God Vs. the Gavel

(Ms. Hamilton clerked in theSupreme Court for Sandra Day-O'Connor)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0521853044/ref=pd_sxp_f/102-8628615-2607351

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    they had no common law or fiduciary duty to protect the plaintiffs from abuse;

Shepherds my ass!

This pisses me off...

What happened to morals?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit