Going to pick up The Half Blood Prince” tonight *sarcastic* YAY

by mtbatoon 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

just got a copy...my 7 year old daughter is reading it now

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Well we've had on and off readings, mainly to give my wifes voice a break, and are 1/3 of the way through. The kids only managed to get to the end of the first chapter before they started fighting with each other and were sent to bed (at 1:30 in the morning). All the more popcorn for me

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    just on the news that the pope said it's not good to read.

Common misconception. The press are just reporting it now, but Pope Benedict wrote that letter when he was a cardinal at least more than a year ago, I believe. But because the press reports on it now, people think he's said it recently.

Don't see much of a point in buying it right when it comes out. I went to Chapters today and they had tonnes (No, wasn't buying Harry Potter, but Thucydides).

• horrible life
    horrible life

mtbatoon

Creating good childhood memories. What a wonderful father you are. How many here, raised JW's, have any good ones.

My child and I were the first ones at our local Wal-mart to get ours. I hope I am creating good memories for her. HL

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Mrs Thirdson was annoyed that when I pre-ordered at Amazon.com I used my supersaver discount to get free delivery and therefore risked Harry Potter arriving late.

Well, Saturday, we get home at 1:00 pm and in our mailbox a very happy Mrs Thirdson finds her book. She had read it completely by 9:00 pm -- talk about devouring something! She did say she'll read it again this week.

3rd

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

PS Mrs Thirdson thinks its an excellent read...the best yet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit