And with all the other poor parents I'll follow
    Down to the book shop till midnight does strike
    I'll wait with my daughter late into the night
    We'll read of you duals and magical beasts
    We'll read of you school chums and quidditch and feasts
    We'll read of you dealings with creatures from myths
    But first I must stand outside W.H.Smiths
    Amongst clubbers an drunkards as they puke, swear and fight
    Whilst Tracy's and Sharon's show of cellulite.
    And ask quite politely as I stare at the moon
    Please have your next book launch closer to noon

Love the books, love the fact it's got my kids into reading, hate the hype. Anyone else going to get their copy at midnight either voluntarily or by coercion?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Nope - Potter is demonic! LOL!

Nice poem btw - you can really tell how much you are looking forward to it. However are your kids actually going to start readeing it at midnight - shouldn't they be in bed? and then they can get up bright and early and go and get a copy from tescos in the morning themselves....

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

just on the news that the pope said it's not good to read.

so have to listen to the pope...

• luna2
    luna2

I love it when a bunch of religiosos feel it necessary to weigh in on a kid's book....or any book for that matter. Their poison of choice (religion) is the cause of so much real evil it's disgusting. Poop on 'em! Just for that, I'll make sure I'm at the store bright and early to pick up my demonized copy....not midnight, though. LOL

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Crumpet, I unwisely set a president with my eldest daughter when the HP book came out and now the youngest will want her turn or there'll be hell to pay. Though it's an inconvenience I'll do it because it's these little things that make up childhood memories. As for the reading, my good lady wife will be giving us all a few chapters over hot chocolate and popcorn before we all slump off to bed.

On the subject of his infallibleness the pope when did he get his pre-release copy? Was it a weak plot line or the 2 dimensional characters he objected too?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Why can't they wait until the morning? Do the plan on reading the book all night long into the dawn?

• fifi
    fifi

Can't wait!!! I'm getting mine delivered from Amazon on the 19th as I don't want to read it in French.

• bebu
    bebu

LOL great poem!

bebu

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

We won't be camping out at midnight, but we'll be there first thing Saturday morning. There's been a hot rumour floating around for some time about the identity of the Half Blood Prince.

• delilah
    delilah

Yes, I'll be getting my copy as well. I loves to read, "Demonized children's books.....hahahaha

Delilah...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit