JW Death: Gordon Buckley

by Nosferatu 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My mother informed me of the death of a JW in my old congregation. Before I go into detail about why I address his death with BURN IN HELL, here's his obituary:

Obituary

GORDON BUCKLEY (published on July 08, 2005)

GORDON BUCKLEY Accidentally, Gordon Buckley, our brother, uncle and friend, passed away on July 2, 2005. He was predeceased by his parents, Harry and Effie; and brothers, Bill and George. He will be sadly missed by his two sisters, Anne Fedick and Elsie (Larry) Meilleur; as well as many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Gordon was born is Moose Jaw, SK but lived most of his life in the North End of Winnipeg, MB. He attended Isaac Newton High School were he enjoyed sports. He also enjoyed sharing in business ventures with his father, then later in life, swimming, biking and travelling. His travels to places such as the Ukraine, Egypt, Jerusalem, etc. allowed him to develop friendships worldwide. His foremost interest in life was that of serving his Creator Jehovah God. As a full time minister of Jehovah for over 48 years Gordon joyfully shared his hope with others for a better life under God's Government (Daniel 2:44) and the promises this Government would bring (Rev. 21:4). His zeal for the ministry was evident to all who knew him. He will be missed by the many family and friends he had during his lifetime. The family wishes to thank all those in Ottawa, ON for their kindness and support during this difficult time. A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, July 13 at 7:00 p.m. at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 227 Lakewood Blvd., Winnipeg. In lieu of flowers donations can be made on Gordon Buckley's behalf to the Watchtower Society, Box 4100, Halton Hills (Georgetown), ON L7G 4Y4. Arrangements entrusted to: VOYAGE FUNERAL HOME CREMATORIUM 220 Hespeler Ave. @ Henderson Hwy. 668-3151

Now, my mother informed me that apparently, "brother" Buckley used to be a linebacker for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. However, with every JW celebrity I know, I could not verify this via the internet.

Now, here's why I say Gordie can burn in hell...

In our congregation, there was this really nice older sister. You guys know the kind, one of the TRULY good people in the Kingdom Hall. She was kind, nice to talk to, and she wouldn't judge anybody about their appearance, nor their careers. She is friendly when she talks to the pimp who lives in her neighborhood, and she didn't judge me by my long hair when I last showed up at the KH to attend a funeral. Gordie, on the other hand, wouldn't speak to me. All he did was nod from across the Hall.

But that's not the reason. This lady had a nice life savings that she was surviving off for the rest of her life. She didn't have to go to work, but she volunteered at the local Salvation Army to help out. She was shown thanks by getting free clothes. Now, along comes Gordon who knows she has this life savings. Apparently, Gordon had this friend overseas who was trying to develope a business, and needed some money to get it off the ground. He asked Gordon to get this money, and was guaranteed he would get it back (sounds like a Nigerian scam to me). Gordon approached this kind lady, begged, pleaded, pestered, and eventually convinved her to loan him the money. The story she got in return was that the business failed, and all her money was gone.

The lady now has to work for the rest of her life to survive. As for Gordon, he had the privelage of Ministerial Servant taken away from him for his bad deed. He, however, remained a Pioneer.

After I heard this, I had no respect for the man. He was a mooch, and an asshole. I hope the kind lady gets some closure from this.

In my opinion, getting hit by a car while he was on his bike, while he was on holiday was a great way for him to die.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well.................live with the joy in knowing his obit was hijacked to give a witness..just as his funeral will .

that poor sister. in a normal religion the other members would help her out.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

We all KNOW how the JWs take care of their own!!! What a crock of shit. They take care of number 1. That's all they care about!!!

shelley

• Es
    Es

that poor sister, they should suggest to give all donations to her instead of the watchtower society. Then perhaps then she could have closure. I agree with you he is an a$%#hole es

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

This sister volunteered at the Salvation Army?You sure they let her do that?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    This sister volunteered at the Salvation Army?You sure they let her do that?

I don't think she cared whether she was allowed to do it or not. She was labelled somewhat "weak" because of her meeting attendance, but she has no transportation to the meetings. She has to rely on people for rides. She's always been willing to help people out. She's always giving my parents food that she gets for free. I've helped take the piles of food away. There's no way in hell she could eat it all.

• WILKO
    WILKO

I quite agree! But wasnt you supposed to not go into business with each other as witnesses, I cant remember...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is it illegal to use a bat to break the legs of a dead man?

I have also heard repeated warnings in talks about how dangerous it is to do business with fellow JWs. Amazingly no one catches on to what is being said: JWs tend to be crooked when it comes to business deals.

• greendawn
    greendawn

So he was really callous and deserved all he got I wonder why the dubs didn't kick him out for defrauding that old lady. Perhaps he was too useful to them as a pioneer, if he had committed an act of "apopstasy" however that would be a different story.

• minimus
    minimus

Is this thread appropriate, using the deceased name??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit