Cabernet Sauvignon... God's Gift

by FMZ 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

Dry Creek area - know it and love it! If you can don't miss a visit to beautiful Ferrari Carrano. Also Mazocco winery - excellent $20 Cab that compares well with other wineries charging twice the price. Their meritage blend called Matrix is not to be missed.

Pinot Noir and bubbly? J Winery - pairs wines with appetizers at the tasting.

Favorite cabs: Whitehall Lane, Flora Springs, Pride Mountain, Chimney Rock, and Caymus.

Cheers

Mak

so many wines - not enough $$$ lol

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Wollf Blass Brown Label, Shiraz is VERY nice

So, it took to page two before shiraz got a mention????????????

• delilah
    delilah

I know, it does seem a little crazy doesn't it???? Hope all is well Ozzie...my thoughts have been with you and yours.

Delilah

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

For Cali wine I prefer Paso Robles area wine. Great Zins.

For awesome Malbecs.....go Mendoza region of Argentina

Of course the Barossa Valley for Shiraz in Aussie rocks!!!

Spanish Tempranillos are good too.

In fact each country has their own wonderful traits. Wine is truly a global delicacy. :)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Silver Oak

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wines..........................(as Homer might say - Simpson, that is)

Let's not quibble, children. ALL wines are a gift from the gods, and I don't even believe in gods.

BUT, if there were god, and they gave gifts......

Must admit, I am especially partial to the cab s.

S4 - of the has-done-more-than-his-share-for-wine-growers-of-the-world class!!

• z
    z

July 23 I’m on my way to Napa valley (5day vacation) we have reservation to must winery and the best we have res to the best restaurant in North America The French Laundry you need to reserve 2 month in advance the wine I like from California Opus One. Love Zen Cal

Hosted by Tinypic.com

Hosted by Tinypic.com

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Of course the Barossa Valley for Shiraz in Aussie rocks!!!

Actually I prefer it from the Margaret River region of Western Australia. Ahhhh heaven!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would argue that most New World wines are superior to European wines these days - some fabulous Australian wines

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I guess we all will have to agree that Aussie's produce the tastiest red wines... And for those of you who haven't tried them you just don't know what your missing.

Ahhh a Cab Sav... or a Shiraz coming a close second...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit