Anti-Apostate Leaflet for Convention

by slimboyfat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL...Has slim finally come around? Nice work! Let us know if you use it!

SNG

• talesin
    talesin

Nice work, sbf.

May the Farce be with you!

tal

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Interesting idea. Might even cause some JWs to question.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hate to be a wet blanket here.

I find stuff that purports to be from my point of view but really flogging the opposite one to be treacherous and I usually don't end up reading any more stuff by the person who posts in that manner - I feel they are dishonest and have nothing to offer me if they have to try and trick me into accepting their views. It won't take long before the JW reading that will realise they've been had and they'll probably:

1. feel betrayed

2. feel silly and gullible for having fallen for the trick - "exploited" may also describe the feeling involved

3. feel even more determined that they'll never believe or even find out what apostates have to say because they have to stoop to deceit to get their point across

Not trying to put a downer on trying to reach out to Dubs and trying to get them to think, I just don't think this is the kind of approach that's got a good chance of being welcomed by even doubtful Dubs

• WILKO
    WILKO

Why bother with a leaflet? If your faith is a strong, "unswearving" "steadfast" and "true" why need a leaflet to deteer other members of the organisation from people who have as much freedom of speach as you do? Thought you were suppose to be rude and unchristian ignoring them, "not eating with such a man" You dont need a leaflet to let them know you dont approve of them finding a different way of life, they dont care.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    "Apostates have the gall to carefully preserve and quote from old Watchtower literature; lit. which is no longer available but is currently referred to by WTS as "timely" and "epoch-making". If the society wanted this older, "timely", "epoch-making" material preserved, it would re-print it. There is no need for web sites like Quotes.Watchtower.ca/"

That is as close to perfection as it gets

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit