Anti-Apostate Leaflet for Convention

by slimboyfat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am working on an anti-apostate leaflet to deflect attention from all those pesky apostates who will be swarming at the convention tomorrow. What do you think so far?

Keep on the Alert - Apostates About!

But if we are prepared for what they will say, we can deflect their wicked claims.

What apostates will say to you:

1. Because Jerusalem fell in 587 BCE instead of 607 BCE, the gentile times could not have ended in 1914.

2. The governing body should not keep a secret file of over 24, 000 abusers.

3. The Society's literature covers over aspects of their history and predictions for the end of the world in 1914, 1925 and so on. (blah blah blah)

4. The governing body should not have signed up the UN secretly in the early 1990s, and disassociated when apostates found out in 2001.

What apostates will not tell you:

1. Had they not been so vocal in focussing attention on the issue, the governing body might well have allowed blood transfusions by now.

2. Apostates, who are mainly white 'intellectuals' attack Witnesses who are racially diverse.

3. Many of them feel that it is more important to be true to themselves than it is to obey the truth.

4. They congregate on sites like www.jehovah's-witnesses.com and dicuss problems they have with the truth.

So let us be ready to oppose those dreaded aostates when we meet them at our convention! Always remember:

It is better to have answers we cannot question, than to have questions we cannot answer!

So what do you think? Can anyone give any suggestions on helping the brothers to see through the lies of apostates at the convention??? I think my leaflet is open for improvement before I start distribution tomorrow. So please help if you can.

• Confession
    Confession

I absolutely love the concept, slim. Nice work. I think I might change a few of the more sarcastic things, such as the final line, but who knows? Maybe it's the right thing to do.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

You are always banging on about "apostates". Can you tell me what that means to you, exactly?

My mother was brought up and confirmed as a member of the Church of England, but now she cold calls her neighbours to persuade them to join her religion. Is she an apostate? She is white, but she wouldn't describe herself as intellectual, with or without inverted commas. She definately would agree that its better to have answers you can't question than questions you can't answer.

Am I an apostate?

• outnfree
    outnfree

LMAO -- God bless you, slimboyfat!

Just fix the typo in "dreaded aostates" near the end and I think you're set. Don't want to overwhelm the "Friends" all at once!

Oh! And maybe, "It is better to have answers we need not question, than to have questions we cannot answer! ?

Good luck! er fortune! day!

outnfree

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Well Slim, just when I'm thinking you are a hopeless JW apologist.. you turn around and show us you are an honest guy after all. Nice work man!

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

The first half about the JWs is truth.

• Englishman
    Englishman

*LOL*!

Brilliant!

Englishman.

• luna2
    luna2

Very nice. LOL Yeah, yeah, I finally "get it". I'm slow, what can I say.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Well done. I like it!

Just take the apostrophe out of "jehovah's-witness.com" and put a p in "dreaded aostates" and I think you're set.

~Merry

• Quotes
    Quotes

I nice piece of "Black Propagand". (Note: for those that don't know, Black Propaganda is not a racist term. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_propaganda for more info.

Tooting my own horn, perhaps you could add something like

"Apostates have the gall to carefully preserve and quote from old Watchtower literature; lit. which is no longer available but is currently referred to by WTS as "timely" and "epoch-making". If the society wanted this older, "timely", "epoch-making" material preserved, it would re-print it. There is no need for web sites like Quotes.Watchtower.ca/"

~Quotes, of the "Pissing of WTS by preserving the words of WTS" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit