Fun with Shunners ;)

by damselfly 26 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

I used to try and avoid running into JW's after I was first D/F, but the past few years I have taken a different spin on it. At my old job as a cashier if I was the only cash open then they had no choice but to have me wait on them. The apprehension on their faces as they approaached was hysterical. So of course I would feel the need to 'put them at ease' I would chatter on and on, did you find everything you were looking for? Why this is a nice item isn't it? Are you putting in the living room next to your sofa? How is so & so doing? and then of course at the end. It was so nice seeing you again! Take care!I think that some of them were sure that they must have missed the meeting announcing my re-instatment (never happened) because I had several conversations this way.

Another fun game is " follow the good J'Dub" While out and about shopping casually get closer and closer to any JW you know all while being totally engrossed in whatever items you are looking at. When they go to a different section of the store, you follow all while not making eye contact of course. See how long it takes them to flee in a panic

The most fun version for me now is "Flirt with the JW girls Man" Take one JW girl, add her man who hasn't a clue who you are. Make eye contact only with him. Accidently brush hands while reaching for the last item on the shelf, smile lots Bonus points if you can blush a little. A casual laugh with " My! we can't stop running into each other can we?" Then toss your hair. I have been known to wink at the really cute ones. Count the number of times she shoots you looks of death and pulls him away.

Am I the only one who does this? If I am, who wants to join me?

Damselfly ( who isn't sorry )

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

You are so cruel Damselfly! He he he! My problem is i dont know of the JW's in the area I live in now, mores the pity.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO!

Yes, I have to admit that I get substantial enjoyment from tormenting those who would shun me.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I love to drive the dubs nuts, lol. I always say hi and I do that whole "follow the good JDub" deal too! It's got to make them realize how stupid they're being.

GBL

• damselfly
    damselfly

It's similar to the torture you put your siblings thru. You know when you have your finger an inch from their eye, chanting "I'm not touching you"

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I flirt with the slutty JW girls who love "worldly" guys and piss off their boyfriends.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Years ago I wondered about the Witness order to not eat with a shunning victim and I decided to try it out. In a restaurant if I'd see a Witness sitting alone I'd go over and sit down at their table. When their food came, all the elders ate, none of the non-elders ate. I sat there talking until I was sure one poor guy's food was cold and he never touched a bite. He did drink water and coffee though. None ordered me to leave.
    I don't do that anymore, but it was an interesting experiment. My conclusion is there is a double standard.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Ooh damselfly,

That sounds like fun. May have to try some of your ideas!! When I worked at the local hospital, they'd always give me JW patients. Several complained and tried to have a different nurse. But my supervisor knew what kind of crap they pulled and usually told them they didn't have a choice. I'd have to do all their admission paperwork--all the good details. Some didn't care, others I thought would stroke out right there.

On a couple of occasions my friends and I would go barhopping about 30 miles from where we lived. It was a big college town. A couple times several JW couples would end up in the same bar. I always had to have drinks sent over!!! I think they thought I had poisoned them!!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Damselfly ... you sound like lots of fun.

I know back in the day my wife would have been furious with that ... because I get flirted with alot I guess ... nowadays she just laughs it off.

But a DF'd person? Hmmm .... yeah ... I think she would probably be pissed.

-ithinkisee

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

ah damselfly you are wicked.

Anyway I think it is very good not to shun yourself if you are df-ed. First they will feel very awkward, and maybe start thinking. Second it shows that you are above that pathetic believe.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit