Going to hell... twice.

by Daunt 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Daunt
    Daunt

I just wanted to start this thread to vent out about how I'm being forced to go to the District Assembly Convention bullcrap twice all 3 days and to get a little advice on how to get out of it. But mainly it would be interesting to know how other people got out of going to the meetings. Like acting sick, falling down and scraping your knee, different ways you got out of going to it.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

If you don't want to go. Dont.

Really it is that simple. Just don't go. No excuses. You were busy. They don't even need to know why.

• luna2
    luna2

Why do you have to go twice? That seems above and beyond the usual mandatory torture even for super Dubs.

• Daunt
    Daunt

It's just that my mom and sister wants me to "go out and meet people" more. So I'm being taken to the assembly again. Still a minor so saying no is a little hard.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

"A little hard?"
    Come on....you went once already. Course you may be able to do what I used to do.....show up for the "pre" assembly mingling. Go home or to hotel. Come back at lunch break. Go back home or hotel. Come back for closing prayer.

After all, you know what was said so it won't be weird if they bring up points from the DC.

More importantly....start standing up for your beliefs now. It never gets easier....but you have been to one assembly already.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I used to get migraine headaches. Occasionally I would vomit. Sometimes I would just sleep in. Cramps are a good excuse as well.

Best of Luck!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Tell them your Fibromyalgia and ADD/ADHD and Depression and Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Chronic Faigue Syndrome and Allergies to aritificial light and perfume are all acting up really bad and that you've developed a new allergy to Bullshit.

Or just say you have a nasty case of contagious diarreah!

u/d (of the they got more excuses than a politician class)

• kid-A
    kid-A

Daunt,

for me the best thing was to have a 'partner in crime' that I could hang out with. So, I just told the folks I was sitting with my buddy somewhere else in the stadium and then we

would just take off for the day. Hang out in a nearby mall, go to a movie, go to an art gallery, any activity that would take up a couple hours, then just get back by the closing song to meet my family...they were none the wiser and I had lots of fun exploring the city....but I guess it depends on the environment around the convention site. Good luck, I feel your pain.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Daunt, I know that you are a minor, but have you ever tried to just respectfully decline? If they ask why, just telling them that you already went and don't want to go again regardless of the 'association'?

What are you afraid they'll do?

Jeannie

• luna2
    luna2

Holy crap...like a DA is a social function. You can't pitch a fit or anything? Maybe get a job so you can't take another weekend off. ....or you could eat a bunch of crap Thursday night so that you wake up sick Friday morning. Stay up all night reading...and tell them you didn't sleep a wink and absolutely cannot go to the DA or you'll end up sleeping through it.

Really, if you can't simply refuse to go for extra helpings of DA fun, playing sick is your next best bet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit