Going to hell... twice.

by Daunt 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey Daunt,

kid-A speaks much wisdom. is this feasible for you? oh, and make sure you and your buddy use sepparate entrances so as to not attract un-due attention from those bastards who wear an extra piece of paper under their lapel badge.

if not, try recording the "we are wonderfully made" talk on saturday morning for me, would ya? thanks.

best luck old boy,

TS

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

I have frequent bouts of depression due to my divorce. That shuts up my fam super quick.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

u/d--------you are f%ckin funny!I laughed my balls off at that post.

STP{of the wish I used more excuses class}

• vitty
    vitty

The thing is you dont get more association cos everyone is listening to the programe

Youd be better off organizing something yourself for that weekend.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Tell them you ate up all of the spiritual food at the last convention and you are now full.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Still a minor so saying no is a little hard.

I was 16 when I just decided I wasn't going anymore and there was eff all they could do about it. As long as your not breaking any houserules they can't throw you out and if they attempt to you just tell them you will go to the local newspaper and give an interview on JWs who throw their children out of their home before they are legally of age. I WISH I had done this or even thought of it. You only have to threaten if they start threatening you.

Just casually and politely say no thanks mom I'm doing this today and go do something else. Thats all I did. The last thing they are going to want is to drag a teenager kicking and screaming into a hall or assembly - think of the reproach that would bring! What can she say? What can they do?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

You could say

Oh mother, I am so full of rich spiritual food that I would be a glutton if I had a second helping!!

Please allow me to stay home in prayer and meditation of the new truths unfurled before me

Then f..k off to the mall for the day.....

• kid-A
    kid-A

Tetra, that is so funny, you just brought up memories of those dorky "Attendants" who wore those extra pieces of paper on the lapels with such

pride, like they thought they were covert CIA agents or something! I remember some of them would patrol the local malls looking for truants!!

Almost as priceless as those ding-dongs that walked around with those moronic signs "Please sit down", "Please be quiet" "Please keep moving"

oh god Im laughing so hard right now....

• Daunt
    Daunt

Thanks a lot guys. It's very difficult for me to handle my parents being dissappointed in me. So every time I muster up the courage to turn them down they pull their little guilt trips (they have so many) and I just give in. It needs to stop soon but it's hard losing my family. They're the only folks I associate with outside of school. And I wish I had a partner in crime lol, it would have helped out a lot of times. But I might try to fake sick a day but I'm not promising anything. Soon I'm going to stand up but not yet. Thanks for all of your concern I'll try to keep my breakfast down during it. And tetra, my mom taped everything. I can prolly get it for ya.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Daunt - I really feel for you. I can understand totally. Losing your family really is the worst thing that can happen. I have cried buckets, rivers losing mine. I don't know if you are baptised, but if you aren't you are in a safer position. You can fade and you don't have to do all the things we are told we will do. It is like everyone you ever knew died in a terrible disaster. It is very lonely. Take things in your stride.

I would still have to say goodbye to my family if I did it all again, but I wouldn't have left the way I did. I know that baptised or not they were fundamentalist enough to shun me anyone once I stopped being a minor at 18. I wish I had known what I know from this board. I left believing for well over a decade it was the truth and that I was wrong. hopefully you know that you are right and they are misled. i hope you find the strength.

You never stop loving or missing them and it does take years for the pain to lessen to an amount you can handle. So if you can leave and keep contact with them which you will be able to do if you don;t lead an obviously immoral life, you will have an easier leaving than I did.

My heart goes out to you my young friend.

Nina xxxxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit