Interesting comment by wife of branch committee member:

by acsot 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I gotta tell you, I get that feeling from alot of people - that they are sort of wondering what the hell is going on.

There is a particular WT Society heavy that has said things to me that made me wonder. We are very casual with our conversations and this person has made several comments to me along the lines of "This CAN'T go on much longer ... CAN IT?" - and other comments to that effect. It is almost as if he is ASKING me to encourage him ... to convince him .... it is rather strange ... I mean, not STRANGE, but just weird that this guy weilds so much authority at a large united states regional and national level and he says things like this.

For reasons I can't discuss, he will be one of the first people (i.e. heavy duty elders) knocking on my door when my exit is made known. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I desperately try to not have high hopes of convincing ANYBODY to leave the JWs when I leave - but there are some high-level people around me that - I don't know - almost seem like just "one more little nudge" is all they need.

My cause is not to get others out at the moment though ... it was hard enough convincing myself .... but if I sense an opening and an invitation from someone who desires to think for themselves, I will definitely take it

-ithinkisee

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things… .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
    -- Awake, 5/22/1969, pg15

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am resentful because of their sneaky "bait and switch" tactics.

They quickly substituted a new teaching about hope in the resurrection and hope that nobody remembers or knows that they used to teach something else. Do they think we are all unconscious? Actually, they are their own worst enemy because they painted themselves into a corner.

I suppose the only people who will swallow this and aren't angry are new ones who don't know any better and who haven't invested any time.

I know I wasn't serving for a date but I would have made different plans for my life at least.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    I know I wasn't serving for a date but I would have made different plans for my life at least.

Great thought!

That is perfect!

Because I know I will get that argument myself.

This is a great response.

-ithinkisee

• Mary
    Mary
    IthinkIsee said: I gotta tell you, I get that feeling from alot of people - that they are sort of wondering what the hell is going on. There is a particular WT Society heavy that has said things to me that made me wonder. We are very casual with our conversations and this person has made several comments to me along the lines of "This CAN'T go on much longer ... CAN IT?"

That's very interesting, because a local elder made a similar comment to an "inactive" Witness a couple of weeks ago. He said something about "there's something very wrong" going on within the Organization that he couldn't put his finger on.........the brothers and sisters are "holding on by a thread" and are "tired". He apparently made some statement to the effect of ' if The End doesn't come soon, I don't know how many will still be in the Truth in 10 years time..."

• daystar
    daystar
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things… .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!

This sort of thing really ticks me off! Recall also that it was often suggested that it best not to even become involved with anybody, have children, etc.

Idiotic! I can't even begin to express the sadness, frustration, bitterness and anger I sometimes feel when I read things like this.

If the end was to come as a thief in the night, it may come now, it may come later, but since you don't know, is it not best to make sure you make life in this "System" as pleasant as possible? Would Jehovah really want a bunch of emotionally and intellectually stunted people on his team?

*throws hands up in air*

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Elsewhere - I was 14, and swallowed all this Hook Line & Sinker! They were right that all of us would " never fulfill any career that this system offers". I skipped college and went straight to toilet cleaning. Now 35 years later, I have done ok, but wasted most of my life believing this absolute Bullshit! Pardon my french, Simon. I just had a massive bitter streak hit me! Jeff

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My youngest child was born in November of that year. I began a "bible study" shortly thereafter. I didn't register her for school until it was legally mandatory (when she was seven) and the thought was, even back then, that she would never get into high school---that the "end" would come long before that!

She is now almost 36 years of age and we are still......w-a-i-t-i-n-g.....for this PREDICTION that the WTS made.........to come true.

IF anyone had the nerve to ASK about this, we heard the old "admonition" that JWs don't serve God for a DATE!!! They serve him because they want to do what is right!" So we turned our mindset back because WE didn't want to appear faithless and only wanting to remain a JW because of any old DATE!

NOW I see this manipulation for what it IS, and I get so angry!

WHAT was I thinking?

Annie

• willyloman
    willyloman
    he will be one of the first people (i.e. heavy duty elders) knocking on my door when my exit is made known.

...or not. You should prepare yourself for the possibility NO ONE will come knocking when you leave. I know you think they'll care, but chances are good that they won't. Get ready to be amazed when the rumor mill goes into full churn and you are judged not worthy of their concern. It will bother you until you realize what a relief it is not to have to fend these people off. That's why it's so important that you are clear on your reasons for leaving and aware that you hold the moral high ground in doing so.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I wish it were true Willyloman ... but it is not. They will be knocking ... no doubt about it.

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit