Interesting comment by wife of branch committee member:

by acsot 21 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

I know this couple, and their good JW friend here at work just related it to me. She was talking about one of the faithful old "brothers" who had recently passed away. That's when she said:

"Sister Husband's-High-Up-In-The-Organization mentioned that if Armageddon doesn't come soon, the Great Crowd won't be "great" any longer, it'll be little, 'cause the older generation is all dying off."

I laughed to myself said: "yeah, it's taking a lot longer than everyone thought, huh?" Then my boss came out and gave me work so I couldn't say anything else.

However, this is the wife of a rather prominent Branch Committee member, well known and liked by many a GB member.

Hehehe; could it be that even the die-hards are getting fed up?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Hehehe; could it be that even the die-hards are getting fed up?

That wouldn't be surprising based upon the very first talk at this years district conventions exhorting them to now trust in the resurrection rather than believing that they'll never die in this system.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The die-hards know the WBTS is losing members more than it's gaining.

They'll have to reform further.

DY

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's long overdue they came to a point in time where their 144000 and big crowd dogmas are beginning to fall apart, they are being proven to be false demonic ideas.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes I'm sure there is a lot of under currant going on behind the Governing Body's back. They must be severly dropping in ratings there and around the world at the different branches. It seems that all hell is about to break out and the GB as typical is the last to know.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Longtime pioneer wife of a "prominent" elder and city overseer in another state told us: "It doesn't matter now. I'll die in a few years and then it'll be between me and Jehovah." She's in her late 60s. That's a long way from the old party line.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes I imagine many many old timers who are in the full time service are pretty feed up with this bunch of Governing Body members. They just don't say too much in the ear shot of these GB memebers who many of which might be hard of hearing,, and so don't hear all the wispering that is going on around them at bethel. The scorn and mumbling is no doubt getting louder that goes on behind the GBs backs.

• potleg
    potleg

Lots of older ones realize that they have been misled for years but most of them just don't know what to do or they are too afraid of making a change...just in case... My own mother who's in her seventies, baptized in 1960, admitted to me recenty "this is not what we expected" but she keeps on keeping on and watching her life long friends, brothers and sisters from the hall, dying one by one. Sad.

• Mary
    Mary

My parents are the same........they never expected to be old in this System and I think deep down they realize that something is dreadfully wrong with the religion and the morons who are running it, but this is all they've ever known and they're not about to give it up now.

• acsot
    acsot

I feel bad for the regular folks in the congregations slugging it out day by day, week by week, with nothing to show for all their efforts, not even a real feeling of spirituality or deep religious experience .

But for ones like the branch committee member and wife, they've got lots of perks, worldwide travel, free use of friend's cars when they visit (the dub here at work is always mentioning about how her elder husband just can't say no and is always lending their car to the other couple when they're here on one of their travels), free meals, free medical care, and on and on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit