New Release: Bible Teach book and ‘new light’ on 1914

by JoeGeneration 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

"Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculation of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we "bring a heart of wisdom in," not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we "count our days" in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah (Psalm 90:12)."

Holy CRAP! "Jehovahs people have at times speculated"? NO SIR! That speculation came DIRECTLY from the WT-building! THEY taught us for years and years the the generation that saw 1914 (lol, so funny now in hinesight that that generation didn`t "see" shit, they weren`t told about the things they "saw" until around 1929) would "by no means pass until the end came"! What they did in that article in 1995 was just as bad as what they did in 1975! In 1975 I was 2 years old, thank God I didn`t have to experience that, my older sister and brother told me my mom just went nuts that year, in Armageddon-fever. In 1976, the WT of July 15, said:

" "It may be that some who have been serving God have planned their lives according to a mistaken view of just what was to happen on a certain date or in a certain year. They may have, for this reason, put off or neglected things that they otherwise would have cared for. But they have missed the point of the Bible's warnings concerning the end of this system of things, thinking that Bible chronology reveals the specific date.. it is not advisable for us to set our sights on a certain date, neglecting everyday things we would ordinarily care for as Christians, such as things that we and our families really need. We may be forgetting that, when the 'day' comes, it will not change the principle that Christians must at all times take care of all their responsibilities. If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises."

So CLEARLY, the WTBTS had NO responsibility for the failed predictions, it was just some "INDIVIDUAL" Jehovahs Witnesses that had been "speculating". Well, where did that speculationg come from? And CLEARLY, the same thing happened in 1995!

Now, I have nothing against some serious criminal activity, scams, hustling people for moeny and things like that, but THIS just really pushes my button. FIRST they lie and lie and make false predictions, and AFTER the predictions fail, they blame the speculation on the average little dub. The elder with the mic going: "Yes, you should all be ashamed, YOU were the ones that were speculation"...when its all there in black and white, as to whom were actually making doing the speculating! The WTBTS makes me SICK to my stomach! And if there is such a thing as God and Satan (which I doubt), I know whom the WTBTS belongs to, thats for sure!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Every time Dub doctrine becomes obviously defunct...they change the meaning to either a "spiritual" understanding or they go for the "type vs. anti-type" explanation...much too "deep" for the average Dub and taken on "faith" in the FDS.

Dubs are the essence of "My religion...right or wrong..."

They are more of a religious "gang"... finding those that don't "fit in" elsewhere and giving them a new "home".

It's not their teachings...it's the social structure that appeals to many. People who are and never will be ANYTHING in life, can QUICKLY become "a pillar" in da troof... if you play the game.

I know...I was one..pioneered...and SHOT to the top.

u/d (of the 2 cents class)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Good point u/d about the social aspect of the jw religion a lot of people do enjoy the authority and recognition they get in the WTS and couldn't care less about the negative points in the org.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    lot of people do enjoy the authority and recognition they get in the WTS

They would most likely NEVER get it elsewhere...at least not without actually earning it.

Look how many dumbass elders there are...not the brightest bunch...but they are "princes" now and in the NS.

Intellectual capacity and ability is demeaned and rooted out...ignorance and the ability to follow is REWARDED big time.

How many janitors does it take to rule a planet filled with perfect people?

u/d (of the formerly "janitor" class)

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Excellent points you raise upside/down, many of which I had never thought about before. It kind of helps me understand the angle of some of the brothers, sisters, and especially elders that I never understood before.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I saw them in action especially some COs who were really peddling the organisation ie GB line and barking like loyal guard dogs against anything the GB disaproved of especially that trying to run ahead of the FDS.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It is quiet possible that the society may use this tactic as they have done in the past with the 1975 date. Put all the blame on the R&F dub.

Will

• upside/down
    upside/down
    It is quiet possible that the society may use this tactic as they have done in the past with the 1975 date. Put all the blame on the R&F dub.

Possible?

It's a GIVEN!

u/d (of the blame the little guy class)

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

u/d wrote: "How many janitors does it take to rule a planet filled with perfect people?"

HA HA! That one`s a keeper! But yes, you are right. All the men in our congregation were carpenters, plummers, window-washers etc. My dad was an electrician. What they all had in common was that they had little or no education. Nothing wrong with that, but people without education are easier to fool into this religion. Dumb, ignorant guys with huge egoes. Of course that results in wifebeating, kids-beating, overall physical and psychological abuse.

• VM44
    VM44

Good point about how people who would not have made it outside have positions of authority withinn the Watchtower.

A good example of this is Clayton Woodworth, who was a farmer before joining the "Bible Students" and who became the editor of the Golden Age magazine. Only Rutherford was above in in the organizational stucture.

If you examine the nutty articles, some downright "New Age" in nature, published in the Golden Age, you would quickly realize that Woodworth would never have made it anywhere outside the Watchtower.

Woodworth even claimed to have been "demonized" once, so I am surprised he was placed in the position of Editor by Rutherford.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit