New Release: Bible Teach book and ‘new light’ on 1914

by JoeGeneration 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bryan
    Bryan

I personaly feel there is no way they can do this. Reason is, the rest of the world new 1914 was incorrect years before the Watchower would admit it. Therefore, God is giving New Light to the World before the Tower!

Bryan

Have You Sen My Mother

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

• jerhova's people have at times speculated..........
    • some zealous brothers gave the impression that.......
    • at times some of jerhova's people have run ahead.........
    • the fds did not mean that..............
    whatever
  • Etude
    Etude

Now, didn't the Organization face a huge shift in doctrine in the early twenties (or was it the thirties) of this type of significance? Please forgive me for not having clear details. I'm sure there are some of you who know more about this stuff. As I recall reading, it had to do with the fact that many didn't agree with the idea that Rutherford (or Russell) was the "Faithful and Discrete Slave". In that case, this issue caused a noticeable chasm and those that dissented actually broke away and became the "apostate" class in the eyes of the "Organization" (I think they formed their own sect). The old literature abounds with comments and, of course, blame towards those people of the apostate class that believed that Rutherford (or was it Russell) was NOT the "Faithful and Discrete Slave". Somewhere along the line, it turns out that the apostates were right, but that didn't offer any reconciliation. In later publications, I noticed their convenient omission to mention the reason why those former "Bible Students" became apostates. They just continue to blast them by vaguely suggesting that they chose not to follow Jehovah's Organization.

Regarding the issue under discussion, I think they will sweep any mention of it under the rug until the collective memory of those that remain fades away. Then they'll come up with another explanation, one that does not include any mention of the 1914 date or the generation of that day and find some other issue to stress the urgency of a day of reckoning, Armageddon. Remember that they had other dates for "the Lord's coming", one of them being in the 1930s. There's nothing new here. They did it before, changed their tune, and they'll keep doing it again and again. Their only hope is to keep their followers young and stupid, like some guys think they need to keep their women barefoot and pregnant. Unfortunately, the supply of ignorant and uneducated people is not likely to go down, even in a progressive country like ours. I was doing some research recently and found a poll that was conducted six months after 9/11 that showed that 70% of Americans believed that Iraq was responsible for the attack on the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and PA. Who was it that said: "No one ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American people"? Substitute "Americans" for any other people in that statement.

Etude.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

are just born losers, and should keep their fat, big mouths shut when it comes to the finer, subtler things?

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

AlanF

AlanF17 years ago
    Nevertheless, I think the Society will eventually drop 1914. But the way they do it will probably surprise all observers.

logansrun

logansrun17 years ago
    I don't think the Society will ever change it's 1914 date.
    No need to change 1914, just make an addition.

In 2019, (100 years from when Jesus picked The Faithful Slave), somehow Satan and the demons made it back to heaven through the back door, and immediately got thrown out of heaven again along with 'recent' 144,000 apostates (who woke up, and said ,'This ain't gonna work out) in heaven.

Episode 8: DEFEATING DECEIT & TRIUMPHING OVER TYRANNY -

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Alan F was correct in that the Proclaimers book acknowledges that Barbour is not the one that first came up with the time around 1914.

They would not change the start of the 2520 years to 587 because it did not start in 587. The start is not at the destruction of Jerusalem because the prophesy is not about Jerusalem.

• blondie
    blondie

Since the WTS has dropped teaching in print that a "creative" day is 7,000 literal years long, starting around 1987 "1987 WT last used this definition "Second, a study of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy and of our location in the stream of time strongly indicate that each of the creative days (Genesis, chapter 1) is 7,000 years long. It is understood that Christ’s reign of a thousand years will bring to a close God’s 7,000-year ‘rest day,’ the last ‘day’ of the creative week. (Revelation 20:6; Genesis 2:2, 3) Based on this reasoning, the entire creative week would be 49,000 years long.", jws no longer have a way to calculate 1914 using the formula the WTS used to determine the length of the 7th day from so-called accurate history in the bible. Now they say "thousands and thousands of years." 2021 "So each of the six creative “days” during which God prepared the earth for life and created life on it could represent extremely long periods of time." Under "Creative Day" in the current Insight book "it may reasonably be concluded that each of the six creative periods, or days, was at least thousands of years in length."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit