so whatcha gonna do when they come for you

by googlemagoogle 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Well, google, you still go to meetings? Too bad.

Using a doubting/looking slant on your letter is good because anything you put in writing can come back to haunt you (and it has some people on this board). Asking an elder to keep something confidential is like asking a turtle to fly. I hope you typed it and didn't sign it with your name or anything. Deniability will more likely then.

Best to say nothing and attend as few meetings as you can. Does your wife insist on your attending meetings for there to be peace at home?

Love, Blondie

• cab1000
    cab1000

On the one hand, it could be a shepherding call, with nothing to worry about. On the other, they could be coming to see if you still go along with the watchtower teachings, and if not, call for a JC.

The whole problem is your wife. As long as she does not share your views, there will be problems. Did you show her your list of questions? Do you ask her questions that lead to the right answers?

Good luck with whatever you do....

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

@blondie: yeah, i typed it, and it's now about 6 months old. didn't sign it either, i told him to not show it to anyone, and in this case i trust him. however, i was careful enough to keep everything as vague as possible.

my wife does not directly insist in me going to the meetings, but if i don't go, there's trouble... lol. i still try to miss as many meetings as possible. at least i don't go to the book study anymore. she neither :-)

@cab: this will be a shepherding call, however, i've searched for "help" a few years ago, and was not happy with their answers, result was i became inactive step by step. they are also scared about my "influence" on others, because some of my friends started questioning things also.

can't talk about it with my wife, as she get's angry as soon as i question something about the org. it's easier to question the bible than the org... this may change some time, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

crap man, that sucks. that's why i just severed the limb and DA'd myself as soon as i could. i hate this extra-year-after-the-fact garbage. what a stress job.

good luck,

TS

• VM44
    VM44

When they show up, tell them that you are going to RECORD the conversation!

Watch their reactions.

--VM44

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If answering a question could result in your being punished, just don't answer it. Simply tell them that you are not comfortable talking about that item right now.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

If you have an iPod - record with one of these! They are SUPER HIGH QUALITY.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006HESDM/

Plus if you record it to an iPod - it is automatically turned into an MP3 .... perfect for uploading to the web or emailing to all us apostates to listen to.

-ithinkisee

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

you'd probably have a hard time understanding the recorded conversation, as it would be german ;-) i liked the features mentioned on amazon: "record your next disagreement - then play it back and prove you were right!"

i just called the elder and told him i'm busy. he was kinda surprised (guess he thought, what would be more important than meeting with the elders) and told me we'd have to talk some other time then. but that other time i'll be prepared.

• blondie
    blondie
    i just called the elder and told him i'm busy. he was kinda surprised

Around here the elders hate "shepherding" calls and palm them off on the new guys.

Google, just be careful, the "confidential" elder could be pressured into revealing it by other elders threatening his status in the congegation. Your wife could be the second witness to your "apostate" comments too.

Maybe time will reveal things to your wife that make her lose her confidence in the organization. That is what happened to me. It took a few years of repeated events to get me totally out the door.

Blondie

„Es gibt keine Grenzen. Nicht für den Gedanken, nicht für die Gefühle. Die Angst setzt die Grenzen.”
    (Das heutige Zitat des Tages stammt von Ingmar Bergman (*1918), schwed. Film- u. Theaterregisseur, der am 14.07.1918, also heute genau vor 87 Jahren geboren wurde.)

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i liked this quote, blondie. btw, nice new avatar.

so that elder talked to me alone (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/95702/1.ashx) and it was a nice conversation.

but yesterday he called again and said, they would talk to me again, this time with another elder. so i said, i don't think that would be useful to anyone. he said, they just want to talk to me about the same issues again and the other elder wants to know about it too.

so i said, i wont talk about those same issues to anyone else so if they really want to come, my answers will be according to that. they'll be very different. he was ok with that and didn't insist any longer.

i think/hope i'll be left alone now for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit