elders, elders
    so whatcha gonna do
    oh whatcha gonna do
    when they come for you

elders, elders
    so whatcha gonna do
    oh whatcha gonna do
    when they come for you

after over a year of silence (except the 'inactive' stuff) i got a call if they could come and talk with me next week. the elder on the phone always was a good friend of mine, however, lately - and especially after i gave him a several pages long document i wrote about what's wrong with the WTS and the bible - we have cooled down. so i agreed and was stupid enough to agree that another elder can come too.

i've thought about telling him before hand that my answers will be different when there's more than one person visiting. but i don't know if this is a good idea.

what i'll probably do is simply lie. if they talk about how i feel bout this and that, i'll probably simply go the witnoid line. if i talk at all that is.

maybe i also simply tell them, if it's getting too personal, that i only talk about these things under four eyes. the funny thing about this would be that one of them would get pretty pissed, because if they want me to talk at all, he'd had to leave again...

one thing i'll surely do is drinking a beer before they come...

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

Have a beer before, at least 5 pints during, and as they leave say your "just of to the pub", that should do the trick.

• potleg
    potleg

Why do you have to tell then anyhting? 2 elders coming...sounds like official business to me, watch what you tell them. I was in a similar situation one time, I called them up and told them that I had changed my mind and I didn't want them to come. They called me a couple of times after that and I told them firmly that I had nothing to discuss with them. You should be in control, you are allowed to say no,or "I've changed my mind"

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Secretly record it. Then let them say as much as they want and get as silly as they want. Dont tell them you have recorded it until afterwards. Otherwise they could never be accountable....

Well, its just an idea.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

yeah, i'd do the recording if i'll ever actually get to a JC. and hitting the pub afterwards would be unavoidable anyway ;-)

actually i think i'll really tell them not to come. i'll tell em that i've got a lot of things to do, so it wont fit my schedule.

• blondie
    blondie

Why do you have to tell them anything?

Use caller ID.

Don't answer the door.

After all, most of us were JWs once, we know the tactics people used to get rid of JWs at their door.

Best technique, don't answer the door.

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Put it in reverse!

Call the guy back and tell him that you are worried about his spirituality - could you bring another Christian to talk to him? Let him know that this is just a little 'investigation' not a JC, and that hopefully nothing as serious as disfellowshipping will have to happen, but that will depend on his attitude and your ability to read hearts. HEHEHEHEHE

That should do it!

Jeff

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

AK-Jeff - that is brilliant! LMAO!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

not answering the door aint an option, because my better half is still very much into the JW thing. i more or less regularly still "have to" attend the meetings too.

bring along another "christian" would be funny, but i'm an atheist and would start an argument with the other christian too... and it would actually cause a problem that i don't have now.

as things are now, i'm pretty safe i think.

the document i mentioned had to be kept secret by the elder, i made him promise that. if anything slipped through, i'd deny that i wrote it. i also phrased everything in a questioning way. so they got nothing.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    actually i think i'll really tell them not to come. i'll tell em that i've got a lot of things to do, so it wont fit my schedule.

That's what I did. Then they asked me over the phone what was on their sick minds. I was truthful but declined an interview with them until 2 weeks later when I called them for an interview and informed them that the Governing Body of JW's had been instrumental in joining the Un, lying to the European Commission on Human Rights, had twisted the NWT to agree with their demonised doctrines, etc.

TAKE CONTROL. THEY WILL BACK DOWN BECAUSE THEIR WT god IS A DEMON WHO IS AFRAID OF TRUTH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit