Should dubs sun-bathe?

by bother_forever 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

So smoking cigs is a drug, yea like caffine (saw this posted somewhere recently), so then they say, its a defilement, and cause cancer etc. By this method of thinking, is it also wrong to deliberatly sun-bathe, knowing full well its dangerous (especially here in Australia, lots of skin cancers from it) and possibly not showing respect for "the sanctity of life"?. Someone asked me this while I was still a dub, I think it helped put a dent in the old "faith" bridge. Like to know any thoughts you may have.

Young People Ask? - Should I go nude, or wear full costume?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i asked the same question about obesity.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I remember years ago, three teenage sisters came from the UK to B/Bay. It took them about 2 days to find the local nude beach. Suffice to say, their "crime" was obvious. The poor little things were soooo burned... But strangely, they always came home at night smiling and contented!

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

ys it is a bit of a dubble moral here.

obesity and skin cancer seem to be ok. On the other hand we need to eat and a bit of sun. So hard to make rules there.

Anyway in europe nudity is not connected to sex directly. So woman sunbathing topless or nekid, are not more accepted. Although here topless is ok (but a good pioneer sister won't do it) but fully nekid is not erally accepted.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Should dubs sun-bathe?

Clearly not, didn't you know that's self-worship?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

The Golden Age 1933 September 13 p.777

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing.

Source http://quotes.watchtower.ca/medical-miscellaneous.htm

Thanks to quotes for many enlightening reads.

That's Gods word you're hearing there and that melanoma is his blessing.

Now get back to discussing the nuddy sunbathing

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think what they will argue about sunbathing is that it depends how you do if you do it at the right time of the day when the sun is not very strong it's not unhealthy.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Young People Ask?

Should I Sunbathe?

Sunbathing has recently become popular among worldly people. They spend time in parks, beaches, or even in their yards exposing their skin to the sunrays. They say it is wholesome fun; they are just enjoying the fresh air and having a few laughs with their friends. But what does Jehovah have to say about this?

We already know what the Bible says about bad association. When you go to a beach, how can you avoid inadvertent contact with worldly people? Often, unwholesome music is played by nearby beachgoers, exposing Christians to serious dangers, including vile lyrics and immoral ideas. Many who were disfellowshipped admitted they tried to use earplugs to block out the offensive music, only to later fall prey to temptation.

What types of refreshments are consumed at beaches and in parks? Why, alcohol, of course! We all know the dangers of drinking, but what about fried chicken and potato chips, which are common items found in picnic baskets? Many scientists say consuming such foods brings about early death, gonorrhea, leprosy, and bunions. Why would a Christian willingly put themselves at such risk?

People who sunbathe are inclined to wear immodest clothing. Such clothing can stumble others when it inflames their passions. (Cain 41:2-10) Modern-day Christians have been warned many times not to wear any clothing that exposes even small amounts of their skin. (WT 6/32/05)

Our bodies are a gift from Jehovah. Should we really allow our skin to be exposed to the sun? Many scientists say sun exposure causes death, insanity, drug addiction, and Hepatitis. Can we knowingly do that in good conscience? Consider the example of the Apostle Paul. He never sunbathed. Nowhere in the Bible does it say sunbathing is necessary or appropriate.

Women’s bathing suit styles these days often require shaving the nether areas. The dangers of this have been discussed in previous issues. (WT 2/30/05) In fact, scientists have proven that shaving female cows in the genital area stimulates inappropriate sexual desire. Shaved cows are unable to control themselves; they even engage in masturbation and homosexuality!

Should women shave their Bermuda Triangles? Christians with Bible-trained consciences say no. One such Christian said, “Shaving causes serious physical damage, such as Polio, Lupus, and Schizophrenia. I also found myself aroused, having inappropriate desires due to my clean, attractive appearance. I used to do it, but with the help of the Elders, I was able to stop.”

If you really want to be outside in the sun, it would be best to go to an Elder’s house and spend the time in the backyard listening to Kingdom Melodies and studying for Sunday’s meeting, with the appropriate sun block on of course.
  • Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    People who sunbathe are inclined to wear immodest clothing. Such clothing can stumble others when it inflames their passions. (Cain 41:2-10) Modern-day Christians have been warned many times not to wear any clothing that exposes even small amounts of their skin. (WT 6/32/05)

Our bodies are a gift from Jehovah. Should we really allow our skin to be exposed to the sun? Many scientists say sun exposure causes death, insanity, drug addiction, and Hepatitis. Can we knowingly do that in good conscience? Consider the example of the Apostle Paul. He never sunbathed. Nowhere in the Bible does it say sunbathing is necessary or appropriate.

Women’s bathing suit styles these days often require shaving the nether areas. The dangers of this have been discussed in previous issues. (WT 2/30/05) In fact, scientists have proven that shaving female cows in the genital area stimulates inappropriate sexual desire. Shaved cows are unable to control themselves; they even engage in masturbation and homosexuality!

Rebel 8, you are responsible for making me spew coffee all over my pc monitor!

DL76

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sorry about your monitor. At least I got one laugh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit