Preparing for meetings

by daystar 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

satan trying to stumble you - thats great!

Anyways I dont know what you guys used to get stressed for. If you have a good routine its easy. The childminder feeds and dresses the kids while the chauffer cleans the car and gets it warmed up. I know it can be stressful but if you get the RIGHT masseur in ten minutes before you are due to leave it can do wonders. I used to get a little indian kiddie to do my pre study for me, and brief me about the edited highlights and the answer I was going to give that night.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

oh cry me a river... it's the truth and it's worth it. can i get an amen from all the annointed bro's and sis's?.. hey that sounded like a few more amens than last year... hmmmmmmmm MAYBE IT'S NOT THE TRUTH AND IT'S NOT WORTH IT

bethel

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In retrospect, I think something different was happening. Our hearts were trying to tell us that something was wrong, very wrong. This is a very difficult, almost impossible, thing to see while caught up in it all.

Those were my experiences with the demon cult, too.

• miss_ellie
    miss_ellie

hi there an new here from the u.k..recently a boy who i have been close to for a while has become a J.W.....i am going to visit him soon an i said i would go along to a meeting with him.....i know there is no danger of me being brainwashed as i dont agree with the teachiongs but i just wanna know wat goes on an what to expect!!!!!!if anyone knows then please reply as im feeling rather nervous!!

thanks so much elouise x

• greendawn
    greendawn

This points out the fact that apart from the five hours of meetings per week there is also the time needed to prepare for the WT magazine study plus the time to get there and back. Adding two hours of field service all this could amount to 15 hours per week offered to the WTS and for the elders even more.

• Shania
    Shania

Man I could write a book about this......but I won't bore you all, you lived it just like us......anyway, we began to notice anytime we were on our way to the meetings, (it didn't matter which one) we were in bad moods going---------then we were happy campers on the way home, you all know the feeling, like when you were finally done field service and you were on your way home you were so happy it was over for another weekend.............how come we aren't that happy going???????????it makes one think is this the really the truth???????????????

And as far as eating dinner on meeting nights, you know brothers very few of you were able to eat, there was no time........home from work, shower, dress, look over meeting info, and leave early so you can run around the hall like a chicken with your head cut off.........what a crazy tread mill to be stuck on and we were.....................

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I agree with everyone- and it hardly puts you in best frame of mind does it???

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yup, same here man. my mom was a crazy looney toon before meetings or assemblies, especially. i hated it, and still think it was all emotional abuse, of sorts.

my wife gets depressed before she goes to the meetings, but drags herself there anyways. i can see this for what it is now. like you say, the mind's extreme fight against cognitive dissonance resulting in psychosis of some sort. of course, at the meetings she is love-bombed, and so comes home all drugged up. i always say, don't service meeting and drive.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

miss_ellie,

Expect to be inundated with interested people who just love to see you there. They will be so friendly and interested in you that many will offer you a home bible study. (dont take it) Though they are friendly towards you they will be thinking to themselves that you will hinder his progress, (and talking about it to each other later) .

Someone will give a prayer (men only) asking "Our reigning king Jesus Christ to put his spirit on the meeting.They will open the meeting with a song, title doesn't matter, they announce the number because the title just get in the way of getting it over with. If its a Sunday meeting a speaker will speak for 45 to 50 minutes on a subject that will bash everyone besides JW's no matter what the subject under discussion while telling the R&F how blessed they are NOT to be part of this world. THen a song and another hour of the most boring parroting you will ever experience. They will study the Watchtower. The paragraph is read, the question is asked, men with microphones will bring one to you if you are called on, (everyone is a star!) and then you reread to the one presiding the same thing just read to you. Blah blah blah.

If its a bookstudy you will sit in the hall or someones house for an hour and do the same thing as the watchtower but without the boring talk or microphones.

If its the Ministry School and Service meeting you will have two hours of sales instruction and public speaking to endure.

Dont go more than once. Write down questions for your friend.

It aint gonna be pretty.

Never give up, never surrender.

W.Once

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My mom was clinically depressed for as long as I can remember. I had 4 younger siblings that I usually had to get ready. That was after I made supper for everyone. My stepdad would come home and the parents would immediately start fighting. The end result was always the same--mom going back to her room crying and the rest of us going to the meeting like nothing was wrong. We had 2 lifes--one at the KH, and one at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit