Att'n U.S. & Canada: I need contacts and info for a Canadian Producer

by AndersonsInfo 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That is good news, Barbara. I assume this is regarding the "KNOCKING" film? I sure hope you can influence them to paint a more accurate portrayal of Jw's than what it looks like they are planning to do.

Jeff

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

For any of you who might be hesitant to take your story public, there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Rocky and I went public in our local paper (actually 2 county papers) with a letter to the editor. We have had nothing but positive feedback and support from our community (neighbors, business contacts, people we don't even know). Some of the comments from our community have been that of admiration for our courage, appreciation for bringing the problem of child molestation to the public's attention, commendation for standing up for the innocent, and sympathy for losing our family. We have been shunned by many of our JW family members for quite some time just for not going to meetings at the Kingdom Hall (seven years and counting). The rest of our JW family is now faced with choosing WT rules to shun or listening to their hearts and making a stand on this issue. We have nothing left to lose. Going public with our story gave the SilentLambs cause publicity. We have had no regrets. So don't be afraid! There are really good people out there in the world!

Linda, aka Mrs Rocky2

• Big Tex
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Please keep the responses coming. To all those who have responded: I thank you but most importantly, the producer thanks you.

When this program airs, it will be just the opposite of the KNOCKING Documentary--It will tell the whole truth about the real world of Jehovah's Witnesses, not how some imagined wrongs drove a discontent member away from the WT organization, which has caused unhappiness to a very "human" Witness family.

To those who are bit mixed-up about documentaries being made about Jehovah's Witnesses: KNOCKING is being produced by a group from California. The documentary that I'm asking victims of WT abuse to contact me about is being made in Canada. This producer and company promise to focus on how JWs continue to put children in harm's way, despite Canadian court rulings and media attention. This documentary, the producer said, will cause among other things, "a greater public reaction to this terrible social problem."

Barb.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

This is very important folks.

bttt

• Quotes
    Quotes

I know of someone currently DF'd and working their way back in. Unfortunately, I don't think she would be interested in participating. But I will ask her via a mutual friend.

BTW, this is great news, Barb! Good Work!!

~Quotes, of the "Loves Docs" class

• AndersonsInfo
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Barb, did you get my email? I got a message back saying it had bounced. PMd you on the forum too. Just wanted to be sure you got it.

• Big Tex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit