More deep spiritual food from the current Gilead class

by sir82 17 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Mary beat me to it, it's a disgusting lie that the GB will fix something erroneous if brought to their attention.

Someone who does that will be booted out of the org for trying to be clever and run ahead of the FDS.And it happened to many people and if later the WTS comes round to the same opinion they neither apologise to them nor accept them back: the crime remains they ran ahead of the FDS and it's a crime hard to forgive.

As for making mitakes despite being a prophet, it's one thing to make a minor mistake and quite another to make nothing but mistakes.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    we can point to the fact that even in the bible true prophets made erroneous statements.

It's now a fact that "erroneous statements" is a sign of being a true prophet. As greendawn pointed out, the Tower has a history of doing nothing but making mistakes, so any reasonable person should conclude that Jehovah has picked them as speaking "the Truth." It all comes together now.

• kazar
    kazar

Alas, I believed what they said, too. I don't know how I managed it, but I believed that they weren't prophets but they could prophesy.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Russell got his due when Armageddon didn't come in 1914 as he had been preaching for decades before that, he died in disgrace soon after, and Rutherford went on to disgrace himself even more with several failed prophecies.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think some one inside bethel is posting these emails to make the Governing Body look like $hit.

I think we will have much more insider information coming forth. Briliant idea!!!!!How clever make it look like something only a completely brainwashed dub would after going to gilead would say!!!

I'm not saying our poster is this but the emails are.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Now let me see if I've got this right. First it's the troof. But then the FDS finds out they made a mistake and so they hand it in to Jehovah's chief librarian and exchange it for a new troof. Now the old troof, the mistake, is what we have to discard while we embrace the new troof.

But yesterday, while they were teaching the old troof, which was the new troof of that day, I had to believe it then. Now that it's all a mistake, I hafta erase that old troof from my mind and now learn the new troof of today.

Now if I discover that new troof while the FDS is still teaching the old troof, then I am bein' bad if I tell anyone about it. But if they discover the new troof, then they are bein' good if they tell the rest of us. And den if I question dem about this new troof 'cuz I had so much practice believin' the old troof, then I'm bein' bad again. I'm 'posta just erase the old troof and then run real fast to keep up with all this new troof that's comin' out. Then I'm bein' good.

So den, the generations march along. And what was wunce the old troof, dis was replaced by the new troof in the next generation. Den the next generation comes along, and dey take this new troof and hand it in to Jehovah's chief librarian, an' replace it wit another new troof, which just happens to be the old troof from the first generation. So den, the newest new troof is really the oldest old troof in disguise, gettin' rid of the last new troof which is now old troof.

I think my head hurts.

Oh, I see what's going on now. As a JW I get to learn more and more about less and less, until finally I get to the point where I will know all there is to know about nothing! Wow! That's exciting!

You know, when I was a kid, I knew a lot of things. But now that I am older I know that what I knew as a kid, I really didn't know. I only thought I knew what I knew then; although I didn't know then that I'd know that now.

Of course, someday all this might change. I might know that what I know now I really didn't know, which I think I do, whereas what I knew as a kid, which I know now I didn't know, I really did know. In other words, the future might prove the past right and the present wrong. So who do you believe?........Not me!!!!!

One of these days I'm gonna figure out how TRUTH works!

Rod P.

• potleg
    potleg

Didn't old Freddie Franz say one time, under oath, at some trial or other that God himself was the editor of the watchtower magazine?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There was an article several years ago, that said that there are people on earth today and all of them are prophets: Jehovah's Witlesses.

Of course, the GB can now say that we were the presumptuous ones for saying this, not them.

Abit like the 1925 fiasco - they said that if Arnagaeddon didn't come in 1925 it "would be the other fellow who would have to do the explaining, not us"

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit