More deep spiritual food from the current Gilead class

by sir82 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I posted a few comments from a "friend of a friend" attending the current Gilead class a few week back here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/90816/1524935/post.ashx#1524935

Here is the latest deep spiritual truth emanating from that most august institution. Enjoy!

"Sometimes people in the territory will say that the faithful slave is not
    a true prophet because of all the mistakes they have made over the years.
    While it is true that they are not a prophet (Brother Lett said they are
    students of bible prophecy) we can point to the fact that even in the
    bible true prophets made erroneous statements. When David wanted to
    build the temple, Nathan said at 1 Chron 17:2 "everything that is in your
    heart do, for the true God is with you" This wasn't the case and Jehovah
    quickly told Nathan that it would be one of David's sons that would build
    it. In verse 15 Nathan again spoke to David and related the truth. We
    see here that Nathan had it wrong, but then fixed it quickly. The
    faithful slave also can have something wrong too but they will quickly
    fix it when it comes to their attention. Christendom is not this way at
    all. They will adhere to wrong ideas and doctrines for hundreds or
    thousands of years without changing. One of our instructors sent a
    letter to the Vatican about the comma in Luke 23:43 and they wrote back
    saying that we had it right but they couldn't change because of
    tradition. How glad we are that Jehovah's people lovingly respond to his
    direction!"

Oh the depths of spiritual insight here!

So, you see, all the dozens of 180 degree turns & flip-flops over the years...Will the inhabitants of Sodom & Gomorrah receive a resurrection? Who are those "superior authorities" of Romans 13? Should you scream or not while being raped?...All that is a sign of Jehovah's spirit! In fact, the more often the teachings change, the more evidence that we have Jehovah's spirit! Not like that apostate Christendom that actually has the temerity to hold to core doctrines for centuries!

I'm sure others here would like to post how these winsome words have upbuilt their faith as well...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Let me see if I've got this right...

They say they are right because they frequently discover errors in what they believe.

• Gordy
    Gordy
    One of our instructors sent a

Where is this reply from the Vatican then? First I've heard of it. Why no mention in any WT literature. Surley it would be used often instead of them struggling to explain the comma at Luke 23:43..

Yeah interesting thinking "We're right because we get it wrong so often."

Christendom is not this way at

all. They will adhere to wrong ideas and doctrines for hundreds or

thousands of years without changing.
    Maybe thats because they got it right in the first place and have no need to change.
  • DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

As a dub this was one of the things that I liked about it.

I sounded so semi-scietific.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    As a dub this was one of the things that I liked about it.

I sounded so semi-scietific.

I have to admit... I fell for that too.

• Netty
    Netty
    Sometimes people in the territory will say that the faithful slave is not a true prophet because of all the mistakes they have made over the years.

Well will you look at this? They are actually admitting they've made mistakes. And it even says ALL the mistakes, wow. Too bad this wasn't in writing.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ
    One of our instructors sent a

letter to the Vatican about the comma in Luke 23:43 and they wrote back

saying that we had it right but they couldn't change because of

tradition.

Lying Bastards! You know that if such a letter existed, they would be touting it on the front cover of the Watchcraptower! But of course you're supposed to believe it because a came from a Gileadean...uhh Gileadite...a braindead zombie.

-BONEZZ

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Interesting. When I was a 'dub' growing up, one of the arguments they used against the Catholic church was the fact they made changes, meat on friday, saints, etc. But, J's people didn't change or need to because of having the 'truth' from the beginning.

• Mary
    Mary
    The faithful slave also can have something wrong too but they will quickly fix it when it comes to their attention.

They will eh? Kinda like when Ray Franz brought it to their attention that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 BCE and not 607 BCE?? Let's see, that was in the early 1970's and this is 2005 and they STILL haven't changed it and obviously have no intention at all of changing it. However, they did disfellowship anyone who tries promoting the 586BCE date, so maybe that's what they're referring to when they say that the GB "will quickly fix it".

One of our instructors sent a letter to the Vatican about the comma in Luke 23:43 and they wrote back saying that we had it right but they couldn't change because of tradition.

LMFAO....ya, right.....I'd like the name of the person who sent this phantom letter, I'd like to see a copy of it and I'd just LOVE to see the Vatican's response in writing.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Funny, the WTBTS are always comparing themselves favoribly to Christendom. But the r&f witlesses never check to see whether it is true. The when the question arises 'whom shall we go away to?', they are terrified of turning to any mainstream religion for their spiritual food .

Good post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit