Just Got word...

by RichieRich 69 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Is your friend baptized? I could be wrong, but I thought the locution "A matter concerning ... has been dealt with" was reserved for unbaptized publishers? Or is that the new formula for reproof?

He's Baptized. I think they do that to let the cong. know he's been dealt with- but nothing juicy enough to publiccly reproove him...

(And the elder's in my cong. don't really play by the book... Any of the books... )

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Richie,

I bet you know more about WT rules for the congregation than these elders do.

I was in a congregation in Virginia I won't say where where they just started rotating "Presiding Overseers"

We got one elder who was the PO and he would alway forget to schedual the Service meeting parts it was halerious they would alway be having differnet elders get up and saying well I guess I'll have to do it then.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I bet you know more about WT rules for the congregation than these elders do.

I have more knowledge of the society now then I did when I actually cared!

I've read the Pay Attention- and sometimes want to quote it to the elders...

I know all the GB members, and their birthdays and wives names...

lol

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This PO's wife was baptized and still chewin snuff. He would give long bible talks that were incoheirent he had most of his teeth missing so you couldn't always understand him, but he rotated in the the position PO and it was his turn.

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Say Richie, was your friend at the convention in Winston-Salem?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Snuff...

I threw up when I tried it. Still gag when I smell it. Smoking is so much more civilized.

I'd rather die of being fat though...

I'll take my chances at golden corral...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Generic Man,

Yes, as was I. You live in NC? PM me, We'll talk locations.

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

I've sent ya a message Rich. Love to hear from ya.

• Quentin
  • loosie
    loosie

If I was single and saw a brother at the assembly with I'm Single on his badge. I would have given him my digits. Because I love a man with a sense of humour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit