Do you judge others...

by jeanniebeanz 63 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jeannie,

by their choice of words? Do bigger words equate to higher intelligence?

I judge people by their choice of argument on a discussion board, and by their choice of music in real life. I live in a simple world, in times when everybody seems to have embraced stupidity as an ideal.

It is a heavy burden that I bear.

HS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    and by their choice of music in real life

I ... I actually own a copy of ... Celine Dion singing "My Heart Will Go On"

Hail Mary,
    Full of Grace,
    The Lord is with thee.
    Blessed art thou among women,
    and blessed is the fruit
    of thy womb, Jesus.
    Holy Mary,
    Mother of God,
    pray for us sinners now,
    and at the hour of death.

Amen.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    everybody seems to have embraced stupidity as an ideal.

Funny...

So, in real life you would be able to tell a lot about people by their selection in music? That would be an interesting topic as well.

Hmmm...out of curiosity...my favorite piece of music is Concerto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo and as played by Julian Bream whom I think is brilliant. What would you think of that choice?

Jeannie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Jeannie.....I'd say that made you a classical music snob. Stop looking down your nose at me!!! I think Janet Jackson has talent! LOL

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

We all do and you know it!

It's how you judge.

Brooke

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LOL, yes, Janet and her boobies are very 'talented'. I don't often get control of the stereo, so most of the time I listen to rock-n-roll. Don't get me wrong, I love it. However, when I want to retreat into the secret places of my soul, I often reach for Baroque....

J

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LOL...Tex...

Celine Dion is my sil's favorite singer...

J

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

jeannie,

Hmmm...out of curiosity...my favorite piece of music is Concerto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo and as played by Julian Bream whom I think is brilliant. What would you think of that choice?

A superb choice. I do a pretty good rendition myself, but Bream's is exceptional. His son unfortunately went the hard way.

HS

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, sometimes. People who use $10 words are often full of themselves (not to mention what else they may be full of), except for the rare one who is truly immersed in intellectual pursuits and may be rather ethereal/spaced-out in their thinking.

Hey, in RL no one is more 'bothered' by typos, poor grammar, etc. than me ,,, editing/writing is what I used to do for a profession ... but on a DB, none of that is relevant.

tal

• freedom96
    freedom96

I care about the character of someone, rather than the way they use or don't use their language.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit