Satan

by susu812 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Obviously, w a name like mine, i iether don't believe in him, or i work for him, heh heh. I think that there is negative stuff out there, but nothing along the lines of a diabolical bible satan. It's interesting that the early gnostics thought that the devil (ahiram) created the universe. I suppose a person can see satanic characteristics in all the animals that eat other animals, parasites, virii, galaxies ripping other galaxies appart, one star devouring another, etc. But, i think it's all just yin yang cycles, or creation, maintainence, destruction - ala hinduism.

S

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    It's interesting that the early gnostics thought that the devil (ahiram) created the universe.

now that's more like it! finally an explanation for all the bloody evil in the world.

• dh
    dh

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a being once upon a time that gave rise to the legend of Satan, but I don't think there is such a thing as Satan as JW's would have it. If there was, I would have no problem with him. When I was a JW I could never see how Satan did anything wrong, he just didn't want to be a slave and wouldn't cower in front of the ego of yh and that made him the villain.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

A wise person once told me, "If you don't worship Jehovah, you worship Satan." Anyone up to meeting me for a sacrifice?

Kwin

• startingover
    startingover

If you believe there's a God, then I suppose it makes sense to believe in Satan. Every superhero must have an archenemy.

I see no reason to believe in god anymore so there's no need for satan either.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Your post makes perfect sense. I believe that satan exists but he is not out to fight the JWs because they are in fact his allies.
    He has 6 million people deceived into believing they are in a 'saved condition' because of their works.

• kid-A
    kid-A

god is the collective repository of human fear.

satan is the collective repository of human guilt.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I believe Satan probably exists, but I believe God is dead if that makes any sense. I have been doing some research on that topic lately, but no one seems to really know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit