http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/93777/1.ashx

There is criticism over the publication of the book,
    "God's kingdom of 1000 years has approached" regarding
    Jesus' statement in Luke 21:8 ‘The due time has approached.’
    However the Book, "Apocalypse Delayed" by James Penton,
    and others of similar nature,
    are in direct contradiction to Jesus' statement in

Matt 24:48-51:
    “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’
    and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink
    with the confirmed drunkards, the master of that slave will come on a day
    that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

And 2 Peter 3:1-3:"For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”

Jesus and Peter were rebuking those who were critical of those looking
    to his presence in the last days, looking to the end. Thus
    he was praising and defending those looking to the end
    and his presence or coming in the last days.

Grissom,
    The poster formerly known as Rambaldi
    (I'd rather be a scientific interpreter
    of evidence than pope Alexander's architect)
  • avishai
    avishai

Ya know, Rambaldi, Duplicate accounts are not allowed here. Why'nt ya just use your old one? Oh, while your at it, why don't you go tell your elders that your here?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Most people on this forum believe that the evil slave that ill treats his fellow slaves were/are Rutherford, Knorr with Fred Franz and today's Governing Body.

They vilify and throw out anyone disagreeing with them and won't give any status even to the annointed, they put them all in the margin and grabbed all authority and functionality for themselves, they are lusting for power.

And because they falsely cried out wolf too many times no one wants to believe them anymore.

• zulukai
    zulukai

Hey Grissom-Rambaldi: I've read your posts before. I am fairly new to the ex-jw forums but a long-time escapee of the JW experience. Within a very short time on the forums I was amazed at how JW posters are immediately recognizable. Not one of you ever actually reads the content of the posts you reply to. Your sentence structure and anemic intellectual capabilities mirror that of the regurgitated rehashed pap of the WTBTS to a T. (T by the way for "TRITE") You think that NONE of us here know what the Bible says, have never at one time read it, cherished and wholeheartedly believed it??? You haven't come to the support board for disallusioned used car salesmen, you are deep in the territory of the walking wounded, victims of a failed-false prophet. Do you even know or care how many times the WTBTS has predicted certain years were the end? Do you have ANY idea of the wreckage of entire lives over these false prophecies? Does it even matter to you that NO religious organization has the right or the divine mandate to predict when the actual end "of this old system" will come when JESUS himself said 'NO MAN knows the day or the hour, not even me' ?? And by the way Jesus wasn't speaking to or about a group of FORMER christian followers he was fortifying his little band against the DIS- belief system of the general masses who scoffed at him and his teachings. We here are NOT doing that, we ARE however,pointing a well deserved finger at a sick and powermad group of fear mongers calling themselves The Faithful and Descreet Slave Class who over the course of more than 100 years pulled SEVERAL end time dates out of their collective butts, force fed them to innocent followers and when it all came to nothing sneered that "certain overzealous ones ran with mere suggestions and led themselves astray." I am tempted to tell you to start doing some independent research on your prized religion but it's evident from your posts that you are devoid of critical thinking abilities. Your mind works like a computer programmed to only cut and paste...I haven't read one single post you've made that didn't sound like an echo of pre-digested Watchtower gruel. Listen up sweetheart, keep reading this forum...you are guaranteed to run into plenty of people here who once believed just as you do. Maybe one day we'll hear your REAl self on this board.

• Carmel
    Carmel

"most people on this forum...." Greendawn, when was a pole taken that concluded such a thing? Personally, I'd bet most here don't feel any such thing. I'll bet they have concluded that the whole bunch of Russell, Rutherford et al are just deluded selfcentered egomaniacs gone goofy trying to sell trumped up theology and yellow journalism.

carmel

• grissom
    grissom
    Ya know, Rambaldi, Duplicate accounts are not allowed here. Why'nt ya just use your old one?"

Because people are apparently having too much of a fit over it. They are getting all worked up

over the name.

Oh, while your at it, why don't you go tell your elders that your here?"

The board is called Jehovahs witnesses. I am one.

Because you are not is something you have to work on, not me.

• grissom
    grissom
    Most people on this forum believe that the evil slave that ill treats his fellow slaves were/are Rutherford, Knorr with Fred Franz and today's Governing Body.

As if most people on this forum know what they are talking about??? Not!

They vilify and throw out anyone disagreeing with them and won't give any status even to the annointed, they put them all in the margin and grabbed all authority and functionality for themselves, they are lusting for power.
    And that is not what Jesus said in Matt 24:48-51 is it? He specifically stated that the evil slave would state that the master is delaying and they would beat their brothers over that.

Whom should I believe, the most people on this forum or Jesus?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WHY feed this multiple-account troll?

IGNORE HIM!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Grissom - unfortunatley you are an idiot!

Jeff

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

He is already spiritual week. Just a little time more and he is out!

Rammi, Maybe you are in my cong. If so I'' disfellowship you personally for apostacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit