Weird Field Service Experiences

by PaulJ 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

An elderly pioneer brother would ask everyone that didn't want to listen to him, "Did you know that if you don't listen to Jesus, Jesus will turn you into a pig?"

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I wonder what his scriptural basis for this belief was. LOL

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I wonder what his scriptural basis for this belief was. LOL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Once after the field service with the son of an elder I invited him to my home. Later I heard that this elder was suspecting that I had done something with his son. He was gay as it turned out but I didn't have a clue at the time that he was so inclined.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

oh yea, cos youre a man, I keep forgetting

• AuSet
    AuSet

When we were out in the rez ghetto my sis and I went to the door of this trailer, we were maybe 10 and 13 at the time, there had been a big ongoing party inside (they'd probably been up all night) and the guy who answered the door (hanging onto the door frame to keep himself upright) asked us if we wanted to come inside and have a beer with him...

Another time skinny elderly reg. pioneer sister had bought the wrong size pantyhose (queen) and they fell down as she was presenting the mags. She kept right on going as if nothing had happened.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I once went to this door and there was this home security device there. Basically when you rang the bell it 'barked' at you. It was a bad recording of a dsog barking, supposedly putting you off!!! Anyway, I went back 2 weeks later as it was a not-at-home. The batteries were running lowm so it sounded like a really low howl.... it was pathetic... but funny.

• undercover
    undercover

This one's not so weird but it was my best experience(as a believing JW)...

A guy came to the door with a big old book already open to the page that he wanted. Before we could get going into the presentation(my partner was fairly new to service so he was no help) the householder immediately wanted to argue about the trinity. I tried all the tried and true WTS suggestions but nothing would work with this guy.

The book he had was on the Greek language and he was all ready to prove the NWT wrong. Being the brainwashed dub that I was, he couldn't make a dent in me. We went back and forth on the meanings of certain scriptures when I finally asked him about when Jesus was baptized, whose voice from heaven spoke. The householder said God's and I said, sarcastically, "no, god just got baptized. He's in the water with John." That pissed him off for some reason and he called me a blasphemer. He started to raise his voice and just got angrier and angrier. I said something about upsetting him and we would be on our way and he said that he would not wish us well. I responded that as a Christian that I would never wish ill of anyone and even though we disagreed that I would wish him well and that embarrassed him and he apologized.

I felt good about that experience until years later after becoming inactive. Now I realize that this guy was just trying to help us see that we were being used by the WTS. He just lost his cool when the brainwashed cult member displayed cognitive dissonance at his arguments.

• Tez
    Tez

I used to get the giggles really easily, in meetings and on ministry! When aux pioneering one time, really hot day, went to house with sis, there was a hanging basket... sis stands there and sudddenly a wasp starts to attack her!! she is twitching and flapping around and I am trying to look serious as I have pressed the door bell! Take the mags out of bag, look down at them... subject on cover was 'Mental Health' look at sis still twitching and flapping and just lost control!!!! so did she so thankfully no one answered the door!!! Couldn't work any more that day... just kept getting hysterical!!!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    to which I answer..."that's okay, but why are you sorry, at least your religion doesn't make you knock on peoples door on days this cold". .

That is so funny!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit