Rambaldi - please help me. My faith is shipwrecked.

by donkey 32 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey

Dear Brother Rambaldi,

I do not understand - I am skinned and thrown without a shepherd!!

537 BCE is established by what means? Please help me to understand how we get to 537BCE since I also cannot find any newspapers dated 537BCE (although I have searched through my stack all night).

If I am to have faith is that faith in Jehovah or in the Watchtower Society? If I cannot establish that the Watchtower Society was ordained per the prophecy of the 3 1/2 times then how can I have faith in them? Please help me to answer the question of 607BCE with substantiated evidence and you will win back a lost sheep. I cannot simply believe an organization in New York just because they say I must. Otherwise please go out on field service with me and let's try that approach on the householder: Hello Mr. Householder. We are today to bring the good news and have you join our Brooklyn based publishing company because the publishing company represents God. We know this to be true FOR NO OTHER REASON than the fact that the Brooklyn based publishing company tells us they are God's earthly representative. Can we baptise you?"

I hope using that approach we can see Isaiah 60:22 fulfilled in all it's glory.

Jack

PS - please Brother Rambaldi pray for me and forgive my attitude but I am discouraged. I gave up so much to follow the JW's and I am hurting over it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Millions now living will see you were right, unless of course it happens invisibly.

• kazar
    kazar

donkey, I feel very sorry for you. I went through the same thing that you are going through now, my faith being shipwrecked. I pleaded with Jehovah for years to clear matters up for me. I never received a response. However, in my confusion, I got on this site instead of the Jehovah's Witnesses site. Then, everything was clarified and I had peace. (I'm not being sarcastic--I don't think)

• Buster
    Buster

The best Rimbaldi will be able to do for 537 as the end of desolation, is to use the same type of circular logic that he used earlier. It is the end because something happened that year - the same logic they use for 1914.

I remember reading some chronology stuff (Jonsson?) and it seems to me that if the fall was in fact 587, and the desolation was seventy literal years, then the end of desolation could just has easily have been anchored at the rebuilding of the temple - 507 (I think). So yeah, 1934 it is. Didn't JWs get their name around that time? or didn't the princes get resurrected to earth, invisibly, that year? something like that? And that, plus a generation of 70 years, leads us to 2004 when The Big A happened (invisibly I guess).

But the main point is that the society is so rooted in 1914, and therefore 607, that they have to hold to it, in spite of any and all new satan-provided evidence to the contrary.

There is no way that Dimbulb-i (or did I see him going by Grisom in another thread?) will come away from this topic thinking any differently than he is right now.

• 9thWonder
    9thWonder

Who is Rambaldi??????????????

• kazar
    kazar

9th Wonder

I am not certain of this but I believe Rambaldi is a JW that posts on this site. I hope one of the posters out there who are more knowledgeable than I will inform you.

• bebu
    bebu
    PS - please Brother Rambaldi pray for me and forgive my attitude but I am discouraged. I gave up so much to follow the JW's and I am hurting over it.

Such a serious/painful thread, despite the humor.

bebu

• skyman
    skyman

Don't pray for me I have done my research on this and I know the truth I am sorry the apostate truth because I questioned so there for I found the truth. Boy I hope Rambaldi reads this.

• donkey
    donkey

Please don't worry about me....those of you who know me know that I am not hurting over my loss of faith in reality....its been too long since I believed any of the WTBS nonsense now and I am a pretty hardened atheist.

Jack

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey, Rambaldi,

A lady came into the gallery today. She was looking for a music box that didn't have a xmas theme or didn't play a religious tune when wound. In the course of our conversation, she mentioned that she was a JW and asked if I knew anything about the members. I responded with an "oh, yeah. I know all about JWs". Sure enough, she wanted to know how I knew. Sure enough, she wanted to know if I had been to the hall recently. Sure enough, she wanted to know if I would be interested in a study. Of course, I told her no. When she asked why, I told her that I believed Jehovah to be a God of true prophecy "what he foretells comes to be" etc. and so far, that the WTBTS hasn't gotten one prophecy correct.

At first, this dear sister blamed the false prophecies on the false brothers that have infiltrated the society. When I asked her what she meant, she mentioned Ray Franz. Ever heard his story? Anyway, I mentioned to her that even if she was correct, and that Ray had been a false brother, at the time, the WTBTS still expected it's members to strictly follow whatever they discerned to be the truth based on Ray's research--or else. To blame Ray now for their behavior was just twisted.

When I mentioned 1975 (the year she was baptized, btw) and that I was glad that we all had survived Armageddon, the lady actually laughed. That was when she told me that she had been slack about her retirement and was worried about it. She said that she would still wait on Jehovah but what if she died before the new order arrived? At that point, I felt like crying but instead hugged her and told her not to worry--that she would die before the new order arrived. That she could count on it. She looked at me surprised and asked what I thought would happen. I told her that I believed nothing would happen. The world will continue and the new order will never come. For just a moment, I got through to her. I swear that I did. Then that look came across her face and I knew that she was gone. But I hope she won't be gone for too long. I hope that she will come back to her senses. I hope that she will stop listening to false prophecies of jacked up old men and get some money saved for her retirement. I hope she doesn't wind up having to eat cat food when she gets old.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that I have seen you (and others like you) many times, not only on this board but on others. I see how you stir the pot for attention.

You don't really believe that you have the truth or you wouldn't be here. Instead, you are just as big a hypocrite as your religion and you burn in your own hell because of it. Shit, man, you dance in it.

Woe unto you. You know you do not have the truth and still you spew it to the innocents. You knowingly cause Jehovah's dear ones harm. Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit