A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

by jschwehm 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Jeff,

I appreciate what you wrote about the Catholics and completely agree. I am starting adult study with the Greek Orthodox in August. At one time the 2 churches were in communion with one another. I pray that we return to unity.

Robyn

• upside/down
    upside/down

Religion... is a snare and a racket!

Last I knew the Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses were "religions"...

u/d (of the was RC then JW, now like Nebuchadnezzar I've regained my sanity class)

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

The catholic church doesn't really attack the jehovah's witnesses they are just defending their faith.

The catholic church believes that the Holy Spirit is the one that converts the soul and guides people to the church, whats the point in pestering your neibours? DING DONG!!!! I've come to annoy you! want to buy some scriptures! *we all know how annoying door to door sales men can be!

IS this sight any help? http://www.catholicxjw.com/

Religion... is a snare and a racket!

Last I knew the Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses were "religions"...

I believe that cults are are snare and a racket, religons are not...

Evanescence

• greendawn
    greendawn

I agree with Evanescence there are serious religions and aggressive high pressure cults, and Rutherford who said the above was trying to cunningly divert attention from the fact that he was the snare and the racket living in great luxury while proclaiming to be god's faithful and humble slave and deceiving the world with deeply flawed doctrines.

• rambaldi
    rambaldi

This is very hypocritical of the Catholics.

They are ridiculing Jehovah's people for looking for Christ's kingdom but that is contrary to what

their first leader stated.

They state that Peter is the first pope. In 2 Peter 3:3 he states:

"

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,2Pe 3:4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation."

Notice, Peter was not rebuking the ones looking to the promise of Christ's coming or kingdom. He knows that the faithful will be believing and teaching that. He is rebuking the ones ridiculing the faithful, the ones looking to the kingdom. Who are ridiculing the faithful? The Catholics.

Those Catholics are going against their leaders direct words.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi Rambaldi:

Catholics believe that dealing with the end times is very important.

For one, if when we die, that it is it. It is all over we are judged.

If Jesus comes before we die, then that is it also we are judged.

So, it does not really matter in a certain sense for in the Catholic perspective either God comes for us and we are judged at our death or Jesus returns and we are judged then.

To try to predict the date that Jesus returns is something that is clearly forbidden in scripture. The Jehovah's Witnesses have engaged in this sort of thing from the beginning of their existence as Bible Students.

You can be watchful for Jesus' return without engaging in making false prophecies or predictions that are clearly forbidden in scripture.

Peter is, of course, speaking of those who do not believe that Jesus will ever return. This is not the case with Catholics. Each time Catholics celebrate Mass, which is everyday in most cases, we are proclaiming the death of the Lord until He comes and this is part of keeping watch for Jesus' second coming.

Jeff Schwehm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit