Wandering during the meeting is it getting worser? Or maybe betterer!?

by mkr32208 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was forced to go over to the hall near my house to pick up my g-mother in laws wheelchair for the assembly. She keeps one there that reclines for when she goes to the hall (usually once a year or so! HA) Anyway she needed it so I had to go get it! I was told that the meeting started at 9:30 so I figured if I showed at like 11:25ish I could get in at the tail end and get the chair! Good plan until I get there and it starts at 10:00 I'm not going inside, I parked just past the door and hung out under the little overhang in my street clothes. There's a speaker outside of course and there are at least 4 or 5 guys just hanging out all holding watchtowers and pretending to pay attention but not really doing so...

So I'm waiting and noticing that every few minutes a couple of guys come out and walk around some over into the grass some over into the parking lot. I'm interested in this of course so I look around and do some quick math I figure there were at least 15-20 people out there maybe more but they were spread out by the cars or over by the trees so unless your looking you don't see them. Or realize how many are out their. Some of them are kids too just screwing around, no one comes looking for them no one tells them to get back inside these kids were 10-12 years old and they played outside for at least the last 20 min completly undisturbed. One guy was an elder I don't remember his name but I know he is an elder the two guys he was with were at least MS maybe elders to. I know that my brother (elder) is friends with all of them. They were sitting in his van WATCHING A TV! Ceiling mounted flat screen so you could tell thats what they were doing! They didn't even seem to be trying to hide it or embarrased they just honest to god didnt' care!

Now I've been out for a few years and never ever go back even for memorial but is this a widespread phenomenon? I was floored half the freakin' hall was out wandering around and NOBODY GAVE A CRAP! Good sign if it's everywhere, is it?

Whats up with the watchtower? Was it always that stupid and I just never noticed as a good dubber? I had to suffer through hearing the last few paragraphs over the tin can speaker and was tempted to go inside and comment more than once!!!

• luna2
    luna2

I'll have to drive past the KH here some Sunday morning and see if there are a lot of people goofing around outside during the meeting. LOL

Can't get over that elder and his two buddies watching freaking TV in the van!!! Wonder what was on that they just couldn't miss it?

I can guarantee that if my sons went to the restroom and never came back, I'd have sent out a search party. How very odd that nobody seemed to notice that their kids were missing.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I just couldnt' believe that the "adults" outside didnt' tell them to quit playing and get back to their seats or something! NOBODY CARED AT ALL! The adults weren't discussing the meeting or spiritual stuff either they were all laughing and joking around... Twilight zone things weren't like that even 5 years ago when I dropped out!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Great news! Could this be the Davie Congo? I attemded there for a while and few cared. Great news!

• greendawn
    greendawn

The head quarters lost all inspiration and can't produce anything fresh and novel and the dubs got bored to death listening to the same trash getting repeated time and again, also the tone of the meetings is very irritating because it's always based on thou shalt do so and so. Nothing about the org helping the dubs in a practical way to be good christians.

• Netty
    Netty

Who could blame the poor souls. I do remember brothers getting up during the meeting, to do this or that, or check this or that. So unfair, the brothers get special responsibilities that allow them to get a reprieve from the boredom, while the poor sisters have to sit through it. Another area where the wts is sexist.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Netty

The women could use the kid excuse to get up and take a break. If they don't have one, they could always borrow somebody elses, on the excuse of giving them a break

S

• Netty
    Netty

Netty

The women could use the kid excuse to get up and take a break. If they don't have one, they could always borrow somebody elses, on the excuse of giving them a break

hee hee! Yup, sure have seen that happen plenty of times.

Well, guess I'd still rather be a man. The girls breaks still involved a little too much, boogers, vomit, or poopie.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Seems like it should dawn on them....if I'm gonna sit in the parking lot, why go at all?

• JH
    JH

No one is outside my KH. Everyone is inside and seated...and listening or dreaming...who knows.

Who would want to be outside on the snowbank. 10 months a year....lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit