jeeeez they gave me a part 4 talk

by tsunami_rid3r 35 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

and its over "why moral restraint...not removed when 10 commandments passed away".
    so i think this is talking about why the people in the greek scriptures couldnt do their neighbors wife, or you couldnt kill your neighbor even though the 10 commandments wasnt there. so what should i do? how many bible scriptures should i use?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Why not start by reading one of your posts from this board about college chicks? Then you won't have to worry about what Scripture you choose. They seem to like 1 Co: 6 though.

• blondie
    blondie

I'd get sick the day of the assignment. Just do vomit sounds and run to the bathroom on a somewhat irregular basis.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Is this your first one? Mine was scary as hell.

You can always turn it down, or get sick.

• willy_think
    willy_think

if you violate any of the 10 commandments, you violate the law of love. how can you love someone as you love your self and do him wrong? The law of love is the fulfillment of the law. "love is gentle love is kind...."

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Why not focus on some of the lesser known laws? For example, as everyone knows, the removal of the ten commandments does not give us free rein to round our beards, eat fat, or allow crippled people into assemblies.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I was asked to stand in for someone to do a talk on masterbation. I said "no".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a scripture you can use: Romans 6, especially paragraph 15-18: 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Josie

• Gill
    Gill

Oh ballistic! I'm still laughing now! Well done on turning it down!

What's up with these crazy oafs?!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..you could also be controversial and say that Jesus came to fulfill the law not to destroy it. The ten commandments are still in force but are now harder than before. They have been enhanced.

Thou shalt not kill (but if someone killed there is a blood price) - Now turn the other cheek - ie no revenge allowed
    Thou shalt not commit adultery - He that looketh on a woman..
    Thou shalt not steal - Lend your cloak with no thought of return
    Honour Lord Thy God - No man cometh unto the Father but by me(Jesus)
    Thou shalt not covet - He that selleth all that he hath..
    Thou shalt not lie - Let your communication be Yea yea or nay nay and more is sin..
    and so on..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit